Dream

~Alirra~

"Are you serious?" I manage to spit. This is crazy. She actually wants to use my body for her daughter to live in for the rest of existence. She wants to use the person who's the mate of her first daughter. That thought alone makes my head pound harder.

I don't even know if it's possible to do such a thing. I've recently figured out some of Ginerva's power, but what if there's more to what she let me see. If she has anymore power, maybe it's possible..

"Cauldron's child?" I mutter more and more questions beneath my breath- overthinking everything she just told me- wondering whether any of it's true.

"How?" I say a bit louder.

"I suppose the King wanted an easier way to bear an heir to his throne." Easy? I can't imagine forcing the Cauldron to create an entire being for the King was easy. The offers he would have to make and suffering others would've endured to do something like that. Someone being Made is entirely different- someone being formed wholly by the Cauldron is extravagant.

I suppose the unlovable King of Hybern had no other choice but to resort to such drastic measures to ensure the future of his lands- his power.

"The woman you mentioned.."

"The King made many sacrifices for such a request for the Cauldron- the smallest he made was having to force the foetus into a healthy young female who could safely deliver. She may not biologically be your mother-" I zone out. My head is spinning and I can't tell whether this is it, I'm going to pass out and Ginerva will use my body for this psychopathic obscenity, or whether the news was too all-at-once and my head cannot process it all. Of course she chose to tell me this when I'm on the edge of falling to sleep- this alone would make me pass out.

"How is it possible... such devilry would require-?"

"You'll be surprised as to where the strongest of power hides, dear. The very Cauldron that made this world, that made you, is smaller than any creature it created. Power can come in all forms and can never really look how you'd expect." I can tell she's indicating to herself. She knows I've underestimated her strength. And whilst I still haven't a clue how she'll be able to do the things she plots, I know there's more to her than I'd expect. How so much power could fit into a being as small and ordinary-looking as a Cauldron ; a slither of that power fitting neatly into Ginerva's slim figure.

I open my mouth to spill out a billion more questions but she extends a hand, silencing and dismissing. "I've become quite tired of this conversation." And without another word she winnows exactly as she has been these past few days. Her words hang in the air, cling to the darkness.

Always running when I have more to say.

I'm even more desperate to stay awake now than I have been in my entire life. I can't give my life away to this female. Her daughter may be ill, but sacrificing another's life, body or soul cannot be the right way. I would love nothing more than to use my healing powers on her. If that would even help.. Ginerva mentioned the many methods they tried to save their little girl.

Renae has a sister... Renae! I need to reach her. I need to spend my last moments, my final drops of energy on reaching farther down to bond to feel for her presence- even if I can only say goodbye.

Renae..

~Renae~

"Azriel! What do we do?" I spit as we both catch a glimpse of a Montesere soldier advancing closer toward us than we anticipated. He hasn't spotted us just yet- or probably doesn't think much of people cowering in the warm shelters that are shop doorways. I doubt many Hybern inhabitants have much to their name- certainly not a proper home.