Velaris

~Alirra~

"Renae! Wake up you piece of shit!" I push my hands against her lengthy female figure that barely fits the atop the bed.

He eyes flicker open and the second realisation crosses her features, she pushes up and away from me.

"Care to explain?" I gesture to her, to the bed we were both laid in and my under-layers that I don't remember falling asleep in.

"I- you passed out.."

"Please don't tell me you-"

"NO! Fuck Ali. Are you kidding? I got you in your bed and I must've fallen asleep too. Do you seriously think I would do anything to you?" She screams and I pray nobody else is in the House of Wind too.

"The mating bond-"

"Wouldn't convince me to do things to you whilst you sleep. I can't believe you." She mutters the last part to herself but I still hear it and my cheeks heat from the sting of her words and my embarrassing accusations.

"I'd prefer you conscious before we do anything." She realises my unease and smirks. I don't hesitate to throw the pillow she leapt from moments ago.

"Sorry." I mutter– not happy about it. She nods slowly, both knowing I'm not a fan of apologising, especially to her. However, I am relieved she forgave me so easily.

Her eyes involuntarily roam my figure and the pile of clothes she had removed from me the night before which were folded neatly on the chest of drawers. I pull on the sheets to cover myself, blushing beneath her stare– unsure of whether I should scream at her or ask politely for her to leave, this situation as a whole is frying my brain.

As if reading my mind, "I should go." She turns and leaves after meeting my eyes for another moment, laced with guilt amongst the glistening stars.

"Wait– I'm spending my day off in Velaris, maybe you could show me the best library?" She gives a type of smile I've never received from her before, it reaches her eyes and pushes her blushed cheeks high up toward her eyes with dancing stars inside them.

"I'd like that." I feel extremely bad for blaming her moments ago and for my argumentative behaviour the night before. The least I can do is spend my day off with her.

"I'll meet you on the balcony in a few minutes."

~~~

"If I buy you another cinnamon swirl, will you tell me then?" Ren smirks from beside me and I shake my head. We've been bickering back and forth for the past hour after she asked what I use the journal she bought me for. Refusing to tell her was definitely a bad idea- making something up would've helped.

"You could buy me a house and I wouldn't tell." I mutter through bites of the pastry she'd bought me moments ago. Her eyes roamed my face as I ate and the flecks of pastry coating my clothes, smiling involuntarily every now and then.

"Well perhaps I'll have to sneak into your room tonight and find out for myself."

"Are you sure the mating bond will be able to take us both being in the same room, alone, at night, as I lay in my under-layers," I watch her throat move as she takes gulp, "what if I choose to sleep with no layers at all?" The corner of her mouth raises slightly and she attempts to wipe it away with her hand– failing to do so.

"There's only one way I'd be able to find out," she smirks and I scoff at her words, "hey! Don't start something you can't finish."

"I am perfectly cable of finishing, I'll have you know." She raises and eyebrow at the subtle challenge. I'm fully away of the dangerous territory we're treading through ; no matter how hard I try, I can't stop myself.