Our Next Move

"Talk"
'Thought'
*Action*
<<ABILITIES/WEAPONS>>
Eagle Droid Speaking: Bep Bep Brrrrb
_______________________
“-And that concludes the report given to me by Neuronist.”

Momonga sighed, ‘How in the 9 worlds did we end up in a situation such as this!?’ He looked around, trying to see if any of the Guardians present would speak up, It hasn't even been a full week and we already have the attention of both The Galactic Republic And The Separatists! How bad can our situation get!?!’

Momonga was beginning to hyperventilate -if that was even possible for a skeleton such as himself- but was calmed down by his [Emotional Supressor] which gave him some breathing room, ‘Ok let’s summarize things in a simpler way… Two very different factions discovered me through the use of the [Force] -which is something we must look into- and as a result, want me to join their side. The Republic wants to form some sort of alliance through peaceful delegations, while the Separatist Alliance wishes to force me into their faction.’

Momonga, after a moment of thought, made his decision, “Albedo, Raise Nazarick’s security level to its maximum. I shall be departing to meet the leaders of both the Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems.”

The throne room burst into a cacophony of complaints the moment that the Undead Lord stopped talking, “Please reconsider, my lord! We don’t know what delves into the surrounding planets! For all we know, you could be heading into a trap!” protested the Guardian Overseer.

Even Shalltear, who was considered Albedo’s rival, agreed, “The big-mouthed gorilla is right, Lord Momonga!” Albedo flinched, but decided not to speak up, “As Albedo said, you could be heading straight into a trap! At least let me accompany you, that way I’ll be able to protect you if you encounter any danger.”

The twin Dark Elves nodded their head in agreement, “P-Please don’t go, Lord Momonga.” Mare sheepishly said, “Please stay…” Aura said with concern, which shocked Momonga, as she was usually so lively.

‘Maybe I should stay…’ The Overlord was about to open his mouth but quickly stopped himself, ‘No, it has to be me. I know that I said that I didn’t want to partake in this ‘Clone War’, but at this point, I don't really have a choice.’

“So, that's how you wanna do this, my Lord, very brilliant indeed~...”
Momonga turned towards the source of the sly voice.

Demiurge was about to join the other Guardians in their interjections but stopped to think about what his master could really be thinking. That’s when he managed to gaze into the bottomless abyss that was his master’s intellect.

‘Huh?’ Momonga, -along with the other denizens present- stared at the devil with confusion.

“Oh! How foolish of me to not understand your true intentions, please forgive me.” Albedo said but a second after the Archdevil finished talking. She curved her lips into a grin-like smile.

‘HUH?!’ Momonga began to panic, ‘Am I missing something?!?!’

“... I don’t understand, my lord. Would you be as merciful as to explain your grandiose plan to me?” Shalltear, after struggling for a moment to understand what the Overseer and Archdevil were talking about, simply decided to ask.

‘Don't look at me! I don't even know my own cryptic plan!’ Momonga wanted to ask Albedo the same question that Shalltear had just asked him, but he knew that wasn’t an option, ‘Oh, I know…’

“Demiurge, since you seem to think that you understand my plan, why don’t you go ahead and explain it to Shalltear and the others,” Momonga said in a mocking tone, “Oh, and do explain it in a way that’ll be easy for them to understand.”