Chapter 24

"Ruhi?"

"Huh!" I blinked and looked toward Sid. He was already staring at me with a frown painted on his face.

"You okay? You are spacing out too much today." He stated with a straight face.

"Oh- Umm... It's nothing." I tried to reassure him with a smile but he gave me a look of 'I don't believe you.'

The thought of something bad happening to any of us was eating me alive. The text I received this morning was enough for bringing turmoil to my mind and the unpleasant gut feeling from the morning was pushing that turmoil to the edge.

What if someone is following us here? What if he is anywhere near, keeping an eye on us?

A big lump formed in my throat at just the thought of him being near me or Sid.

I flinched so hard when someone put a hand on my shoulder. I gasped in a sharp intake and squinted my eyes to gaze up at Sid. His jaw was set clenched as he glared at me.

"That's it. Either you tell me what's bothering you or I have my ways to spill it out of your mouth." Sid gritted out, clutching both of my shoulders. His neck veins were popping out, indicating to me how furious he was at the moment.

I didn't want to tell him about the text I got. He seems relaxed these past few days, besides that, I don't want to burden him with my worries.

A shaky breath left my lips as I tried to come up with the answer.

"Sid, I-"

"Sir, madam, if you guys are ready then we should proceed further." God bless you, Jeff.

Jeff is a professional Scuba diver who is guiding us today for the amazing experience of diving into Fiji's ocean.

"This is not over." Saying this he marched over to where Jeff was standing.

Safe. For now.

"Ready?" Sid and I, both gave thumbs up to Jeff.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

And they both disappeared into the water.

I was still up there, floating on the surface. I was slightly scared to dive. Other people on the boat were encouraging me to go.

I looked up at them and shook my head from left to right violently.

Not even a minute later, Sid and Jeff came up. Jeff gave me an encouraging smile with a knowing look as if he had already dealt with this kind of situation a million times.

Sid grabbed my hands in his and squeezed them lightly. After a lot of convincing and reassurance from both Sid and Jeff, I dared to dive in. This time Sid intertwined his hands with mine. I clutched his hand for my dear life until the fear I was going through had subsided.

The colour all around me changed and turned bluish-green. There was a completely different world out there. It was complete peace and silence, the only sound I could hear was the sound of my heartbeat and the sound of my breath.

Life underwater was beautiful. And the many nameless fish - both tiny and moderate in size, zigzagging their way around me was making it feel like a fairy tale.

•••

Nervous.

Nervousness was all I was feeling. I was unsure of how the hell I was going to spell those words out.

I have already delayed my confession for a long time now. He was nothing but patient with me and hence, I was determined to confess my feelings to Sid tonight over dinner.