Chapter 3

Three weeks before the announcement of the marriage.

A cool natural breeze hit my face. It was so refreshing. I inhaled the fresh smell of Mother Earth. It was a breathtaking view. The fresh and unfiltered beauty of nature, lush green forest, gigantic waterfalls, beautiful flowers, slight fog, and towering mountains captivated us. It was pure heaven.

I'm glad I made the good decision to agree with them for this road trip or I would have missed this view. This break was really needed for me to run away from the madness of everyday life. I could feel the serene nature without any chaotic noises.

We were on the top of the mountain. I observed the colours, shades and patterns of the clouds. My heart flipped out as arms snaked around my waist and pulled me against a hard chest. I didn't need to turn around to see the person. I knew who this creature was.

I began to wriggle, trying to break free of his grip but Sid pulled me closer and tightened his hold on me.

"Stop fighting me."

My stomach quivered as his hot breath fanned my neck. I stopped struggling and lost myself in the view of the sunset again. I felt content in Sid's arm with the beautiful view before me.

I didn't know what had gotten into me since the day we had met. After Aryan, I didn't feel safe with any male species or have those stupid butterflies in my stomach. Heck, I didn't feel any tingling sensation when I was with Aryan before those tragic weeks.

Aryan.

Expelling a shaky breath, I tried to focus on the view in front of me.

Sunset teaches us that the end of a journey is the start of a new journey. The setting of the sun shows how the end of the journey can be so beautiful.

It's not important how our journey started, how many obstacles we faced during the journey, or how many times we had breakdowns but in the end, everything will be alright. Everything's gonna be okay. It's gonna be a good good life and the end will always be beautiful just like the sunset. We just have to stand proud like the sun and brighten our own days and face everything that comes on our journey.

'Deep down in my heart I knew, it would be a new chapter, a new journey in my life.'

The sun fell asleep shielded behind the three slopping, blue mountains, each smaller but tougher than the one before. The trees were strong, standing in an unmoving row.

I shuddered as Sid took a step back and cool air hit my skin. I instantly missed his body warmth, his touch. I held back from jumping into his arms again and boosting his ego.

I looked at everyone. They were in their own world. Pihu and Ansh were holding hands. Kartik had his arm around Riya's shoulder. Ana and Shivam were standing next to each other at arm's length, staring off into deep thought. Everything felt peaceful.

Riya and Ana are my best friends, and Pihu she is my annoyingly sweetest only sibling. Shivam and Kartik are Siddharth's best friends and Ansh was his younger brother.

Apparently, my mom had invited the Raut family over for dinner since they had come back to Pune after eight years. It was the first time I met Anjali Aunty along with Anil uncle- her husband and Ansh who was a university student. We all met that day except Siddharth Raut, as he was busy handling his business in Mumbai.

One thing led to another, and here we are. We had planned a girls' outing yesterday which included me, Ana and Riya. Surprisingly, we met Pihu and Ansh at the restaurant. I didn't know when they had gotten so close, knowing how awkward Pihu can be with boys. This was so new to me.