Gays, Chaos, and (Suggested) Murders

Start from the beginning

   As soon as they were into the hallway, Apollo dropped Klavier's hand and grimaced. "Eugh, that move was so bad."

   Klavier chuckled. "Ja, it was."

   "How the hell does Clay manage to do shit like this so casually?"

   He shrugged. "Even if your attempts at trying to be a sickening boyfriend sucked, at least it got us away from them. I can only imagine how much worse it'd have been if Herr Raumfahrer himself was there as well."

   "I'm still less sickening than you."

   Klavier scoffed. "How dare you! Insulting me even after all that time we shared?"

   "That time we shared with you using me as your motion sickness pillow? Not very romantic if you ask me. You even had your brother third wheeling."

   "At least I didn't pass out or puke on you."

   "...Wh- Has that happened before?!"

   He laughed. "You may want to ask Daryan about that instead of me, ja?"

   "So you really are shit at first dates then, huh? Almost makes me scared for our actual 'date' today."

   Klavier pouted, looking down the hall to their classroom. "I promise it won't be that bad." A serious expression took over his face, and he began snapping. "Ach, right. My parents will likely ask you to stay until at least dinner so they may actually talk to you. Did you get any time you needed to be back home maybe before dinner?" There was an almost hopeful look in his eyes.

   Apollo shook his head. "No, my mom only said to be back before Zak gets home."

   For whatever reason that hopeful look dropped. "Ah... Just... be warned Kris and I's parents may get a bit overwhelming and possibly aggressive with their questions for you. They haven't exactly approved of any of my other friends they've met..." He started to trail off.

   Apollo grabbed his hand again. "It'll be fine, Klav. Your parents can't really be that bad, right?" He didn't receive a response. Class was to start any minute so all he could really do was try to comfort him as they made their ways to their seats.

   By the end of class, Klavier was back to his normal self as he left for his next class. Apollo pulled out his notebook he hadn't used since meeting Kristoph, and wrote down to not mention their parents around either Gavin brother just to be safe. Not as if the coldness that took over Klavier wasn't already a strong enough reminder.

   The end of his biology class was rolling around and he still hadn't heard a word from or about Clay since he'd gone off on his own that morning. He'd asked Juniper about it in their shared English class, but she hadn't heard from him either. By now Clay would've at least texted him to let him know he was okay. Even if he left the school, he wouldn't do so without any warning.

   That worry remained as he didn't notice his space-driven friend sitting at the lunch table or even anywhere in the cafeteria for that matter. Apollo half-expected Athena to confront him about his worry, but it seemed Juniper had already filled her in on what was going on as they were distracted in their own conversation. Klavier had gone to get food, and Daryan didn't really seem like the person to worry about the friend group's despairs seeing as he was just scrolling through his phone, leaving Apollo on his own.

   Apollo and Klavier got right back to talking like they were earlier that day once he'd returned. Neither of them noticed anything different until Daryan looked somewhere behind them and sneered, "The fuck happened to you?"

   Standing behind them was a very pissed off looking Clay with a bloody lip, covering his nose with his hand. Luckily, no blood was dripping from under his hand. "What do you think?!" he snapped back.