15. a love poem

[ 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐄𝐌 !?! ]

[ 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐄𝐌 !?! ]

you were taking note of what venti was saying about composing a love poem

you were taking note of what venti was saying about composing a love poem. you tried your best to listen intently but you couldn't help but get side tracked time to time. paying attention the whole entire time while someone's teaching something is pretty hard sometimes. but still, you were trying at least.

as you tried taking some mental notes of what venti was saying, before you knew it his first lesson. with everyone had ended and he had announced something before dismissing everyone. "ill be assigning homework to all of you! i expect you to write a love poem for whoever and have it completed by the end of this week! ill be reading it and grading you" venti announced.

you were shocked by what he had said. there was going to be homework. you started to groan before he hushed everyone. "i decided to assign you all homework to put what you've learned throughout my classes and finally put them to work! dont worry though, ill be easy on the grading!" he explained.

you looked at him with dreadful eyes and then looked over at bennett to see his face expression, though it wasn't as dreadful as yours was. he seemed to look more so– confused. he looked at you and raised one of his eyebrows. you looked at him and shrugged. once venti was done explaining everything and the due date, you and bennett started to walk away and start to talk to each other again.

"i have no idea how im supposed to do this" you stated. bennett laughed, "looks like we're on the same page!" you laughed along with him, "who knows, ill just ask venti for some kind of ideas i guess" bennett ''oh'd'' and nodded along. "that's a pretty good idea" you giggled, "well i had hoped so"

you started to look around and see where venti was to go and talk to him about your new homework. when you find him in the crowd you hurry and make your way towards him and start to wave your hand as much as possible to get his attention.

"venti?? venti!!" you shouted. he looked at you and waved at you, "well hello y/n! are you here to ask about your new assignment?" he asked. you nodded your head, "im not really sure where to even start for the love poem." you stated. venti looked at you and "ah'd"

"well let's first start off with... hm... do you like anybody?" he asked you. "huh?? why are you asking that?" you questioned. "well you could maybe think that you were writing this for them and then maybe help you think of what you'd want to say to them!" he explained.

you nodded along and started to think and see if anyone came to mind, and coincidentally you started thinking of one specific person, chongyun. you started to smile a little just thinking about all your little talks and chats together with him. venti just looked at you and when he saw you slightly smiling be caught onto it.

"so you do like someone! who is it?" he asked. "im not even that sure myself in all honesty" you admitted. "what do you mean?" venti questioned. "i just really don't know if i actually like them or not. i mean... i dont think i do" you responded.

venti sighed, "well if it turns out that you don't like him then i guess you can just imagine as if your imaginary lover was visiting you time to time! but, then it turns out that they won't be able to visit you for a while so you're gonna have to pour your heart out into the poem!" you looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "but then what would i say..?"

"that's what you'd have to find out!" venti said while proudly smirking. "but anyway, you're still gonna learn some nice tips and tricks from me for the next few days so don't go out thinking that it's due tomorrow and all!" venti said. reminding you. you nidded your head and thanked him for the reminder because you knew that otherwise you probably wouldve think all about it during the festival.

either way you just stood there and tried thinking of something to say to the imaginary lover you were thinking of. you didn't wanna leave all of the thinking part on the day before your little love poem assignment was due. but,, in the end, you couldn't think if anything so you just headed back to where bennett was and checked to see if he had decided on what to write yet.

"uh... well, during the time you were gone and talking to venti i didn't think of anything and uh im sorry that i can't help give you any ideas!" bennett apologized. "it's fine, i didn't expect you to think of an idea right away during the time i was asking venti about some ideas for the love poem." you said while sighing.

you were surely going to have some trouble trying to complete your week's homework assignment.

sorry for no updates recently, im starting school again so ill try to update at least every weekend

also shorter chapter!!!! and not read over