09. a gift

[ 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓 ! ]

[ 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓 ! ]

today was the third day of your recovery progress

today was the third day of your recovery progress. you didn't feel that much better but it was still better than what you felt the past two days ago. you've been resting in bed and still eating healthy. although, your exercise has been limited and what you can do has been limited as well you still try to go outside to at least see the things like flowers, plants, or the small animals.

your commissions were also put on hold and the adventures guild was notified of your current condition and your commissions were assigned to other members of the guild. though you were still upset that you weren't able to do your commissions for the time being you still knew that it was for the good of your current well being.

so far, your day has been quite the same. you woke up stared at the ceiling for a bit before eventually falling back asleep and waking up again. sometimes you got up and just walked around your room, other times you just stretched, or you even just looked through the window and observed what was going on outside.

you heard a knock on your door before a voice called out, "hi y/n it's me chongyun, could i come in?" he asked. "sure! the doors unlocked" you replied. as the door slowly opened you saw chongyun holding a tray with a plate of cold noodles with mountain delicacies and a pair of chopsticks. you stared at the food on the tray before you spoke up, "did you make it?"

he looked at you and nodded his head, "im not too sure if it'll taste that good but i followed a recipe so it shouldn't taste that bad." he explained. "alright. could i eat some now?" you asked. chongyun nodded his head before handing you the tray of food. you picked up the pair of chopsticks and started to take your first bite out of it.

you were certainly surprised by the taste, surprised as in just genuinely shocked and confused. "what ingredients did that recipe tell you to put into this?" you questioned. chongyun looked at you and froze, "oh uh— does it not taste good..?" he asked. "well i wouldn't say it doesn't taste good, it just... doesn't taste like the normal noodles of mountain delicacies ive had." you responded.

chongyun looked down and sighed, "man, i tried to make it look nice too..." he mumbled. "oh— wait no no no, it doesn't taste that bad! here, have a taste" you said while offering the chopsticks that you used. chongyun looked at you for a second before taking your chopsticks and taking a bite as well.

you saw his face contort into confusion, "well... it's... definitely something" he admitted. you chuckled at this, "i told you! it's not that bad, but the flavor is confusing" you replied. he nodded his head while taking another bite of the food, you assumed he was just trying to understand what he would label the current flavor he was tasting right now.

after he gulped down the noodles he scratched his head before turning around slowly and trying to leave unnoticed. you saw him trying to do this and spoke up, "now where are you trying to sneak off to?" you asked. chongyun froze before turning around again to face you. "well uh... you know i just like, uh... thought itd be better to let you rest now!" he replied

you raised an eyebrow, "you stopped by for like less than 10 minutes, it's not like im gonna sleep for 23 hours" you said. he looked at you and slowly nodded, "thats true but it's like i bothered you to like try something and now that youve tried it there's nothing else i really have to do...?" he explained.

you sighed, "you know you don't have to actually keep on doing things for me everytime you visit, you can just come in and provide company, and that's already good enough for meyou said. you saw chongyun smile a bit before he started to talk again, "well uh... thank you and i hope that i can help your recovery be at least even a little bit more enjoyable" he said.

you smiled at him this time and nodded, "yeah, you've been real nice to me and i appreciate it. i should be thanking you a lot more but i still never do." you responded.

chongyun looked at you for a moment before avoiding your gaze. you were confused on why he seemed to not be facing you but you assumed that he was just not used to being thanked or anything. "uh... thank you" he finally responded. you looked at him and smiled, "youre very very welcome!"

he looked at you and smiled at you just like you did to him. you proceeded to (maybe) forcefully make yourself eat the noodles that chongyun has made out of pity. chongyun noticed and quickly stood up and tried to grab the tray and put it away. "y/n— you don't have to eat all of that" he said.

you looked at him and shook your head, "well you tried to make them for me so why wouldn't i eat it all?" you asked. you saw chongyun sit down next to you while proceeding to laugh. you were still looking at him slowly becoming more and more confused. once he raised his head back up, he sighed.

"well aren't you nice?" he asked. "i felt bad!" you responded. "you don't need to feel obliged to do that if you don't even like it" he stated. you laughed before resting your head on his shoulder. "well aren't you being nice now?" you retorted. he seemed to have freezed as he slowly turned his head away from you.

"now why are you turning your head away from me again?" you questioned. he stayed quiet and still didn't face you. "well! would you look at the time now? i think i gotta go!" chongyun said trying to make an excuse. "how heartbreaking. well have a good rest of your day!" you replied while moving your head off of his shoulder. "alright! uh see you later!" he quickly replied before walking out.

as you were a bit disappointed on how quickly he left on the other side chongyun was thinking back on what just had happened and if it was even real or not.

"maybe i should've just stayed..." he mumbled while still processing what happened.

" he mumbled while still processing what happened

idk how to feel about this chapter!!

also not read over!!!!!

ALSO TJANK YOU TO mangochlo0 FOR GIVING ME THIS CHPATERS ISEA HELPP ALDHSOHSWI

#livelovechloe