14. October of 96'

Start from the beginning

Sitting up and ripping his arm out from underneath her, he stared in disbelief.

"I'm not exactly going to be fucking happy about it, am I? I've only just locked you down after how many years we've been fucking around with each other. Now that you're finally mine, you're deciding to leave?" He was raising his voice now.

It only took that long for them to get together because he refused to get involved with a kid. It's not like she wasn't even mature for her age back then, she was like a twenty-five-year-old in a teenager's body. For some reason he was fine fucking her, but a relationship was off the table until she was at least twenty... or until it wouldn't hurt his image.

Diana stood up, furrowing her eyebrows at her boyfriend. She knew he had a temper but never experienced it first-hand.

"This is my future we're talking about... I'll still be yours, but it'll just be from afar for a little bit. I want to travel; I want to experience new things. I want to learn and feel free for once!"

"YOU CAN DO ALL THAT HERE!" Austin yelled, standing up in front of her. "IF IT MEANS THAT MUCH TO YOU, I'LL TAKE YOU ON HOLIDAY! YOU DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING LEAVE FOR MONTHS ON END!"

"Stop shouting. I didn't want it to come to this. We can talk civilly."

Austin shook his head, sticking his tongue into his cheek.

"No, you can't leave. If you want to know what my reaction will be if you do, then I'll make it clear. If you go, then you'll be coming back to another woman in my bed."

Diana was taken aback by his coldness and how he'd openly admit to cheating.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She snapped. "You're fucking joking, right?"

"You can't expect me to wait for you. If you really loved me then you wouldn't fucking leave in the first place. I've been working my ass off trying to scrape up the money to buy us a decent house."

She didn't know what to do, she was so shocked by his reaction. A date hadn't even been set; it was all hypothetical.

"I'M NOT EXPECTING YOU TO WAIT FOR ME, I'M EXPECTING YOU TO WANT TO WAIT BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME!"

"WELL I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO!" He bellowed into her face, making her stumble back. "I promise you that the first person I stumble across after you leave, I will fuck until you're nothing but a figment of my imagination."

The pain radiating through Diana's body was too much to handle and so she punched him. Her little fists were too weak to do any real damage, but it sure did make him angrier.

"YOU CUNT, YOU FUCKING CU-" her screams were cut off by Austin delivering a hefty slap across her face, tossing her body to the floor like a rag doll.

She laid curled up in a ball, whimpering as she covered her reddened cheek.

Walking over and lifting her by her wrist, he angrily spat in her face. "Get the fuck out. If you're going to leave me then do it already."

Diana was sobbing in fear, trying ever so hard to push him away.

"FINE! I'LL FUCKING GO AND YOU'LL NEVER FUCKING SEE ME AGAIN!"

"Good."

With that, she turned and fiddled with the doorknob with her trembling hands and ran to her truck. She was terrified and confused by the person he'd become in the split of a second. But a part of her expected it, a part of her knew he had it in him.

Glancing over her shoulder at the bag she always kept on her back seat. She took a shaky breath before slamming her head against her steering wheel.

Satine would never forgive her... but she had to get out of there. Her tether had snapped, and this was the final straw.