A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?". An A.I. Pod questioned. "Snake...? It's not you... Is it?".

The doctor Huey Emmerich intervened: "Hey! It's just a machine." V came closer to the scientist. "Are you...?"

«'Dr. Emmerich'.»

"Snake?". Venom grabbed Emmerich and cut a wire off his robotic legs. "Hey! What gives? Let me go! No! Give me back my legs!".

"Right on schedule. Now bring him back to Mother Base. OK, I'm sending a chopper close by. Get to the LZ with Emmerich." Miller advised.

"Hold on a second. Let's use the Walker Gear I developed to escape. There's a special one here at the lab. Only I can activate it. And I'll tell you how to operate it."

"Ignore Emmerich. We don't need his wind-up toys."

"It IS a long way there. Why don't you use that Walker Gear of his?".

"No way. We can't trust him. How do we know his crap will even work?".

"Well, it's better than carrying the man the whole way." Commented Ocelot. "Boss, use the Walker Gear to escape."

Miller sighed: "...It's your call, Boss."

Venom Snake decided to activate and utilize the machinery much to Miller's displeasure; V did not know at that moment but he was watering Kaz's growing grudge; he sow the seeds of discord when he shot the Honey Bee and when he spared Quiet's life listening to Ocelot instead of his old advisor.

Before the defector and Snake arrived to the compound entrance, the former let them know very interesting things.

"I was developing a bipedal weapon for the Soviet Union. It hasn't been deployed yet. I was doing mobility tasting here. Once the Walker Gear is finished they'll have a huge advantage in close combat. And the once they add my masterpiece into the equation... This war will be over. The Soviets will win."

"He was developing bipedal weapons for the Soviets...? If that's the case... What's Cipher's interest in it? Boss, think back. Nine years ago, we invited that nuclear inspection team to Mother Base. It was a ruse. They turned out to be Cipher's strike force! It was Emmerich who brought them there. He's been underground ever since. Working with Cipher."

"I had no idea. I thought the inspection was real, I swear it. If anyone's to blame, it's YOU, Snake. We should never have had that nuke. That's the reason Mother Base was destroyed! Cipher threatened to kill me, made me do research for them here. That's right, creating bipedal weapons. Nine long years... forced to do whatever they said... Take this bag off, will you? I can't breathe. You came to save me, right? I- I'm dying in this thing, Snake."

They were almost there, almost made it, their freedom was just few miles away. However, at the entrance, in the same way in which a satellite falling would descent, the Metal Gear Sahelanthropus crashed on the floor from the sky, almost hitting Pequod on its free-fall.