Edge of Disaster (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Honestly, if we add some realistic-looking fake dragons to it, it might actually work." Raeda mused.

Astrid was in disbelief at this. She turned to Hiccup. "Are you following any of this?"

"Not super closely." Hiccup admitted, still looking at the note. "I'm actually reading this. It's from Johann. He's in trouble."

(Linebreak)

They gathered the others and as soon as Hiccup explained the situation they split up into two groups; Hiccup, Hicca, Snotlout, Fishlegs and Raeda going to rescue Johann and Astrid, Ruffnut and Tuffnut staying at the Edge.

Astrid definitely wasn't happy with this. "You are not leaving me with these two muttonheads." She said as she held onto the Dragon Eye that was given to her for protection.

"She knows we're standing right here, right?" Tuffnut said to his sister.

"Look, Johann is surrounded by Dragon Hunters, and his ship is taking on water. We have to get out there and help him." Hiccup said.

"Then, let me saddle up Stormfly, I'll be there in-" Astrid insisted.

"Astrid, you need to stay here and hold down the Edge. And make sure nothing happens to the Dragon Eye." Hicca said.

Astrid groaned. "I can't believe what's happening. This actually may be the worst day in history."

"Astrid, Snotlout, Raeda, Hicca and I have the only working dragon armor, and Meatlug is immune to the Dragon Hunters' arrows." Hiccup explained.

"You hear that, girl? Who's a special dragon? Meatlug is, that's who." Fishlegs cooed to Meatlug.

"It just makes sense for us to be the ones to go." Hiccup concluded.

"Hiccup, Hicca please!" Astrid begged. "For all that is sacred in Thor's world, you cannot leave me alone with these two-"

"What do you say? Simpletons? Blockheads?" Tuffnut asked.

"I was always partial to dimwit myself. It rolls trippingly off the tongue." Ruffnut commented.

"Oh, yeah." Tuffnut agreed. "Watch this. 'What wit dim, would the twins dim wit, if dim wits could wit dim?' Say that five times fast."

Astrid turned to the auburn twins. "You see what I'm talking about, right?" She said in exasperation.

"Hey, it's not like we woke up this morning hoping to spend 24/7 with you either, Astrid." Tuff said. "I mean, you are not exactly a picnic. And I think you know what I'm saying. You have not ever been a blanket on a grassy knoll with delicious food. But, we are team players. We will do what is necessary for the good of the group. Hence, we shall remain behind and enjoy your good company, my fair Astrid. Even if you have no blankets or grassy knolls to offer."

Raeda, who was packing her saddle bag, stopped what she was doing to look at them. She then stepped away from Sparkfire. "You know, I think it would be better if I stay behind. To make sure no one gets killed out of irritation."

"That's a good idea." Hicca said.

"I agree. In that case, Rae, you'll be in charge." Hiccup said.

"Wait, what?" Astrid asked, wondering why she wasn't the one being put in charge.

"We'll be back by tomorrow at the latest. Astrid, do the best you can. Okay? And try to get along with the Thorston twins, please?"

"No need to worry about us, young Hiccup." Tuffnut said, reassuringly.

"We'll be fine. Or at least we'll manage to pull through." Raeda said.

Snotlout walked to Astrid "Oh, Astrid, I know these next 24 hours will be difficult for you. Unable to look into these deep romantic, yet hauntingly beautiful eyes, shimmering like gold dust in the wind-" He went on until Astrid twisted his arm behind him and shoved him at Hookfang. She let him go and Snotlout took that as his cue to leave. "Okay, so we'll see you when we get back. Have fun. Don't talk to any strange Dragon Hunters!"