Chapter Twenty One

Beginne am Anfang

"Don't tell her too much, okay? I don't want to put another person in danger." He added.

"Okay. I'll try to give her the simple version." I told him and he smiled, leaving another kiss on my chin before pushing himself up and off of me.

"Do you mind if I take a nap? My head is starting to hurt." He asked and I gave him a small smile and nod. "Go ahead."

I sat up on the bed and moved aside so Aster can lie down and he grabbed my other pillow and buried his face in it, taking a deep breath and I couldn't help but smile. I grabbed my comforter and pulled it over his body and then I left a small kiss against his head before leaving the room.

I walked in the kitchen where Carmen was making tea and sat down on the counter stool.

"Everything okay?" She asked and I gave her a nod of assurance. "Everything is fine."

After she finished brewing the tea she poured us two cups and then sat next to me. "Well?"

"Well..." I trailed off and then I told her.

I told her how horrible the date with Roger was and how he turned out to be a lunatic. I told her I ran away from him and found the cabin where Aster was staying. I told her how kind and sweet Aster was with me.

How he made me crutches. How he did my hair every day. How he gently dried it with a towel after my showers. How he always made sure I was never hungry because he was always cooking for me. How he walked through a snowstorm to get me pads and painkillers. How he cuddled with me and massaged my stomach when I was having cramps. How he talked to me every time I couldn't fall asleep. How he made sure I had a good Christmas. How he gave me his moon necklace and told me I was his moon. How he kissed me under the mistletoe. How good and safe he made me feel that day. About every little thing he did for me which made me inevitably fall for him.

A/n: yea this was me trying to convince a few people who haven't forgiven Aster yet to forgive him. (I hope it worked)

"If you don't marry this man I will strangle you." Carmen said as she stared at me with wide eyes after I finished talking about him and I laughed softly.

"He came back with you to the city?" She asked.

"Well...you can say that." I said.

"Now about Roger." Carmen said with a scowl. "Did you try to find him when you came here?"

"Yeah I did. Apparently he left the city." I lied to her because I knew if I didn't she'd hunt him down herself and try to murder him.

I felt bad about lying to her but I knew if I told her the whole story she would never let me do what I intended to do. She would do everything to stop me including tying me up and locking me in her basement.

I will tell her when I come back.

If you make it alive that is.

I shook my head to get rid of the pessimistic voice in my mind and instead asked Carmen about her grandmother.

"I made her come back with me." Carmen said and my eyebrows raised in surprise.

"How did you manage that?"

"She's sick and I wasn't going to let her stay all alone in that small little cottage she has. If she's stubborn then I'm ten times more stubborn." She told me and I chuckled.

"I'll have to go visit her then." I said and Carmen nodded as she stood up and picked up our cups to bring the sink.

"I unfortunately have to go now. I stayed here last night in worry but now that you're safe and home I have to go back to grandma and prepare to open the salon again." Carmen said and my heart dropped.

I followed her to the door but before she could leave I pulled her back and embraced her in a tight hug.

"I love you." I whispered as my eyes burned with unshed tears and I felt her hug me back.

"I love you too Hyacinth." I heard her say in confusion as she tried to pull away from the hug but I held on just a little longer.

I blinked away the tears and finally pulled away to give her a shaky smile and I felt her frown. "Are you sure everything is okay?"

"Yes." I lied and then pushed her out with a laugh.

"Bye!" I yelled and she yelled it back before I closed the door and then lent my head against the door and hoped that I would see her again soon.

Hello!

Thoughts?

-till next time <3