Chapher Eight

It has been two days since Aster had gotten upset at me concerning the journal

It has been two days since Aster had gotten upset at me concerning the journal. I didn't bother to ask about it again and decided to forget about it.

Aster was right, it didn't concern me.

My leg had stopped hurting as bad and now I was fine to walk around without my crutches as long as I didn't stay on my feet for too long.

When I woke up this morning and went out in the living room I was surprised to see Aster still sleeping.

What surprised me even more was that he was very uncomfortably sprawled on the couch and his position almost looked painful.

A pang of guilt hits me when I realize it was because of me he was so uncomfortable. I had basically stolen his room.

"Hyacinth?"

I looked up to see Aster sitting up as he stretched his arms.

"Hey, good morning." I smile at him. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, just my back hurts a bit." He answered and I frowned.

"You don't have to sleep on the couch anymore." I told him.

"Where else would I sleep then?" He asked with a chuckle.

"You-you can sleep on the bed, if you want." I told him, looking away from him.

"But then where would you sleep?" He asked confusedly.

"I mean." I started off. "It's not like we haven't slept together before. I mean- like sleeping next to each other you know? On the couch that day we fell asleep next to each other. So it wouldn't be weird right? Unless you do find it weird-

"Darling." He laughed and I snapped out for my rant.

"I don't mind sleeping with you-I mean next to you." He teased and heat crawled up to my cheeks.

"Right." I cleared my throat and hurriedly walked to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me and ignoring the laughter that left his lips.

-

It was afternoon when I first felt it.

The sharp pain that shot through my stomach.

My eyes widened in panic and I hoped to god this wasn't what I thought it was.

But as the day progressed the cramps were getting worse and I was losing my mind.

I was sitting on the couch clutching a pillow and praying to god to not make it happen.

Aster walked out from the bathroom after his shower and he frowned at the expression I was making, walking in front of me to cup my face and tilt it towards him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You know how you told me you have everything you might possibly need in here?" I asked and he furrowed his brows in confusion.