Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Aster didn't hurt me." I half lied. I didn't want to explain to her the whole 'leave there's no reason for you to stay' ordeal.

"Roger on the other hand..." I trailed off and her face hardened.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I'll tell you but first let me talk to him." I said and she nodded.

"I hope he knows about your little art project in your bedroom." She smirked at me and I stared at her confusedly before my eyes widened in complete horror.

"Shit."

"Guess not." She laughed at me as I hurried to go to my room.

I opened the door to see Aster sitting at the foot of my bed with his elbow propped on his knee and his head resting against his chin as he stared at the canvas that was standing a few feet away from him.

When I closed the door behind me Aster turned to stare at me with a face filled with awe and wonder. "Is that me?"

"Yes." I mumbled, wringing my hands together.

God this was so so embarrassing.

"When did you draw it?" Aster asked as he approached me and grabbed my chin, tilting my head up to face him.

"When I came back." I answered, peering at him under my lashes.

"I was going to burn it." I added and an amused smile took over his face.

"I guess I did deserve that." He said and I nodded. "Why didn't you."

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "I kept making excuses to myself to prolong the process and before I knew it the painting had been sitting there for over a week and I couldn't bring myself to burn it. I think...I think it was because I didn't want to erase you from my life just yet. My heart wanted to keep you with me even if my mind was screaming at me to let go."

Before I could even start pondering on the fact that what I had said was extremely cheesy Aster had bent down, closing the distance between us by attaching his lips to mine.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing his body to mine and kissing him back with just as much want as he was giving me.

His arm winded around my waist while his free hand trailed to the back of my neck, tilting my head to deepen the kiss. He started moving and before I knew it my legs hit the bed and I was falling backwards and he was following me.

Just as my head landed on the bed beneath me Aster pulled his lips away from mine and lent his forehead against mine, both of us breathless but wanting for more. One of his feet was still on the ground while his other knee was on the bed next to my hip and his hands were over my head.

"God." Aster gasped. "I missed you so fucking much, darling."

"I-I missed you too." I said as I raised my hand and hesitantly placed it on his jaw.

"There hasn't been a day since you left that I didn't regret what I said to you. I'm always going to regret it and I'm so sorry darling." He told me and I smiled at him.

"It's okay Aster. I forgive you. Just don't do that again, okay? Don't push me away to keep me safe. If you want to keep me safe then just talk to me instead." I told him, my fingers softly rubbing his cheekbone and he nodded.

"I promise I won't hurt you like that again." He said and pressed a gentle kiss against my lips before pulling away.

"You should go back to your friend and then we can talk." He told me.