Chapter 10 - Luca's POV

Start from the beginning

Despite not wanting to disturb her peace, I walk over to where she is laid. She needs to eat. The last time either of us ate was nearly 30 hours ago. I gently brush her hair out of her face.

I hate that she flinches whenever I go to touch her. I hate that she's afraid of men; of me. And more than anything, I hate her fucking father for making her this way.

"Victoria," I say as I softly shake her, "wake up bella."

Her eyes flutter before opening. Her sleepy, half lidded eyes meet mine and my heart skips a beat. Everything she does drives me insane.

She stretches her arms over her head and lets out a tiny squeak. Her cheeks redden when she realizes I noticed before she pulls herself to a sitting position.

"Why did you wake me up?" she asks as she narrows her eyes into slits. I can't help but chuckle, she's so cute when she tries to be tough.

"Come eat with me," I say. It's not a question because I'm not asking.

She grumbles as she climbs out of the bed. She's wearing a pair of my boxers that she's rolled over to fit her better and one of my T-shirts that is more like a dress on her.

I'm considering not getting her a new wardrobe and instead have her wear my shirts forever.

I place my hand on her lower back and guide her through the halls. Once in the parlor her eyes go wide.

"This is amazing," she says breathily. She leaves her spot next to me to look around the room.

I can see the appeal. Two full walls of floor to ceiling bookshelves completely stocked. Plush velvet couches that face the brick fireplace. A small table for four right under the window. Beside the table is a rolling cart with our food on it.

I allow her to enjoy the new space and sit down at the table patiently. She goes on her tiptoes to see more of the books as Enzo walks in. He stops in the doorway and watches her carefully before turning his gaze to me.

She doesn't notice, or chooses to ignore it, as Enzo crosses the room and sits across from me. He wears a smirk and I glare back at him.

"Is she wearing your clothes?" he asks.

"Yes."

"This is different," he says with a quirked brow.

"She's different," I tell him.

"I thought she was supposed to be a replacement for an omertà violation," Enzo furrows his brows.

"She was," I reply, "but she doesn't deserve that. She doesn't deserve any of this cazzate."
(Bullshit)

"So the rumors are true," Enzo nods with a smug grin.

"What rumors?" I ask. I glance over at Victoria who has moved onto a new shelf of books to explore.

"Where to start," he strokes his chin in faux thought, "you had clothes purchased at four in the morning."

"She had nothing else to wear," I reply.

"You assigned guards to protect her," he says, "your very best to be specific."

"I promised her that I'd keep her safe," I say.

Gio saunters over, again under Victoria's radar, and sits next to Enzo. They wear the same shit eating grin.

"Are we talking about Victoria? Did you tell him about the texting?" Gio tilts his head.

My jaw ticks in annoyance.

"He did not," Enzo smirks.

"Even when he had us guarding her he was texting to check in," Gio states, "he wanted to ensure she ate enough."