Chapter 7 - King Tut's

May 1993..

Before the King Tuts gig, the boys all managed to get a van and left for Scotland. Mila was gutted she couldn't go because of work.

Mila and Stephanie decided to go out shopping together when they stopped off at the toilets.

Stephanie was touching up her makeup in the mirror when she suddenly heard the sounds of Mila throwing up in one of the cubicles.

'Mila?.. Are you okay?' she asked as she glanced up at the mirror, a look of concern on her face.

'Mhm' Mila closed her eyes taking deep breaths as she knelt over the toilet holding her hair back.

'Well I broke up with Jay last night' Stephanie said before applying lipstick.

'Who?' Mila asked before throwing up again in the toilet.

'Jay. Met him in college. I thought well I don't want to spend the rest of my life with someone stupid'

Mila rolled her eyes as she listened to Stephanie blab on.

When she had stopped being sick, she flushed the toilet and walked out looking in the mirror.

Stephanie watched her as she turned on the tap. 'God you look terrible Mila'

Mila nodded as she put some water in her mouth, swilled it around then spat it out while holding her hair back.

'I'm trying to kick that flu that's been going around you know' she said as she grabbed a couple of paper towels and wiped her mouth with them.

'What flu?' Stephanie frowned as she pulled her mascara out and applied it to her lashes. 'Nobody has the flu'

Mila frowned, 'They don't?'

'No' Stephanie laughed as she flicked her hair behind her.

'Nobodys sick' she said as she grabbed her bag and headed out of the toilets.

Mila frowned and followed her out.

.....

'We should totally just go to this gig Noels doing' Stephanie said as she sipped on her milkshake. The girls were walking down past the shops together.

'I don't know Steph.. I need my job'

'You won't lose it. They're just being a bunch of dicks not letting you take time off'

'They are a bunch of dicks' Mila said before sipping her milkshake.

'Mila, I'm so up for going. You know you really wanna go so let's just say fuck it and go!'

Mila stopped and stared into the distance thinking about it, 'Do you know what? I am gonna go' she said turning to Stephanie.

Steph smiled, 'That's the Mila I know'

Mila smiled and downed her banana milkshake.

'This is gonna be great. So excited!' Stephanie said before sipping her milkshake.

She turned to Mila and frowned, 'My god, you finished all that already?'

'I know its weird. I don't even like banana milkshake' Mila said before throwing the empty cup in the bin.

.....

'Mum I'm home!' Mila called as she unzipped her coat and took it off.

'I'm in the kitchen!' her Mum shouted.

Mila frowned, she suddenly felt really sick.

'Oh god'

Mila quickly ran up the stairs and threw up in the toilet.