╰┈✎ 03; ❝ ACADEMICS ❞

Start from the beginning

She sighed, "yes it would be faster for me, but what about you?"

"I can just leave the work to the others." He had given a charming smile that had fooled so many people, except a few. Like Serin.

Serin knew Gakushu quite well, having communicated him through chats. He was the student council president already in his first year of highschool (she was unsurprised) of course he was with his friends. The other guys who were part of a group called the 'Big Five.'

He had a lot of work so early in the year, her hand gripped the handle of the door. 'I guess. . It's okay to be selfish and take a bit of his time.' she thought.

Finally entering the vehicle and sitting beside the male, the car started to move. The driver seemed to have already know that he should head to her school first when he adjusted the gps.

His phone buzz a few times as he pulled it out. A flash of annoyance seemed to appear in his sharp eyes.

Serin raised a brow when he explained "My classmate seems keen on walking with me it seems."

Quickly the girl realized what he meant. By classmate, he meant fangirl. There was a reason why Gakushu always goes to school by car, despite the walking distance. It was to avoid walking along and have the high risk of being ambushed by a fan.

Gakushu may be charismatic and respectful but he had his limits. And most of his fangirls always pushed his buttons. They were a distraction for him after all, and he rather not have any relationship, whether friend or a romantic one, with them.

"Well it has been a while since we took a picture." Serin reminded as he hummed. Somewhere along the line of their chaotic third year at Kunugigaoka, they had a deal.

It was simple and beneficial, and it was a great way to keep the fans away. "Though it might work less effectively considering we are studying at different schools."

It revolved on making the whole school think they were a couple. It was easy, forming the rumors, Gakushu although was 'benevolent' and popular with the whole school, he mostly keep to his own circle of friends. The Big Five.

So when he started hanging out with a girl, a beautiful E Class girl to boot. Rumors started flying. A lot questioned why the male would even associate with someone from the End Class, and friendly at that. Until they came to the conclusion (on their own, albeit with a little few nudges here and there) they believed they were in a secret relationship.

Considering there was an unspoken (yet not real) rule with students not allowed having relationships to focus on studying (which was only directed at E Class students, as dating one would also lead to discrimination.)

Of course a lot of jealous girls and boys had tried digging up evidence to get them in trouble or separated but ultimately they failed.

The two were merely 'close friends' they didn't kiss or go on dates. They were just friends yet with the circumstances and their cunningness they were able to make the whole school believe they were a couple.

Gakushu moved closer to her, as she nodded, her eyes closed as if asleep as Gakushu used one hand to position her head on his shoulder while the other used the phone to take a picture.

Whether they were friends or a couple, no one could deny how attractive they were. A teasing smile was on the male's face, something unlike him, even more so when he added a filter that was directed at Serin.

A cute filter that gave her neon lines that formed the whiskers and ears of a cat. Once he was done, he moved to the size and posted the selfie while his partner opened her eyes and adjusted her position.