"We need to be quick," Lan Wangji grabbed Wei Wuxian's bottom and helped her move, "we have to come down for dinner with your parents in an hour." 

"An hour is still a long time, now shut up and kiss me."

Finally they arrived at dinner fifteen minutes too late, since Lan Wangji seemed determined to prove his stamina by doing it on every flat surface in their room. Wei Wuxian wondered if her father heard her screams of ecstasy since his face was dark and he did not utter a single word ever since they entered the dining room. Thankfully Shi Qingxuan and He Xuan were also there. She quickly came after she found out that Wei Wuxian was coming back to her parents' house, and she was beaming with post-sex afterglow. And that also made old man Wei scowl, since he regarded Shi Qingxuan as his daughter too, and suddenly both of his daughters came home and brought men with them.

"So, what are your intentions with my daughters?" He spoke without a preamble, making He Xuan choke on his wine. He was dragged by Shi Qingxuan to this awkward dinner, where they met Wei Wuxian's so-called parents, and the question caused him to almost lose his composure.

"What do you mean, pop? Of course the boys are here to ask your permission to marry us, why else?" Wei Wuxian spoke casually, caused her father to glare at her and then to Shi Qingxuan, who smiled back at him innocently.

"So you're saying, after you went missing for almost a year, you came back, bringing a man with you, and asked for my permission to marry? And you too, Qingxuan? Did your brother know about this?" Wei Changze was fuming, when his wife grabbed his hand and squeezed it to calm him down.

"Well, I'm just here to support Xianxian, uncle. Besides, me and Xuanxuan here have only just started dating. No hurry in getting married. Right, baby?" She snuggled into He Xuan's arm, who actually looked very composed in this strange atmosphere with these strangers who were Shi Qingxuan's uncle and aunt. What a complicated family tree. He only sighed without saying anything, and Lan Wangji felt him. He patted his back in reassurement, that nothing was going to happen to them. Nothing bad.

"Can we stop talking about marriage and eat already?" Wei Wuxian's mother sighed as she watched the tension between her husband and everyone in the room. She knew that her husband meant well, but he was just shocked and did not want to let go of his daughter this fast. She was only twenty three for chrissake.

"Good idea." Wei Wuxian smiled and broke her eye-staring contest with her father, and turned to Lan Wangji, beaming. "Here, baby, try my mom's cooking. It's the best in the world." She spooned the ratatouille that was made from freshly picked ingredients from their vegetable garden then cooked with fresh herbs and spices with mild flavor, just like how Lan Wangji liked it, and put it into his plate. Then she took the knife and cut a piece of the sourdough bread loaf and put it beside the ratatouille and kissed the top of his head. Then she spooned some to her father's plate too, making him softened a bit. "There you go, pop. Go on now, eat."

"Is that how you treat your father?" Wei Changze scowled, but he spooned the ratatouille in his mouth and bit the sourdough bread. There was also bouillabaisse on the table, which Shi Qingxuan served for He Xuan, also with a piece of the bread.

"Well, if I may recall, you shot my husband with a real arrow first pop." Wei Wuxian took the bouillabaisse and bit into the succulent meat, making the juice dripped everywhere. Lan Wangji saw that and he took a napkin to wipe her mouth.

"Don't talk while eating, sweetheart."

"I just want to test how good his reflexes are! And you caught the arrow anyway, it's not like I've done harm to your friend." Wei Changze mumbled while throwing Lan Wangji an irritated look, which Lan Wangji replied with a smile. This man was just like Wei Wuxian, so he didn't take anything he said to heart.

"Husband, pop, H.U.S.B.A.N.D. should I spell it for you?" She showed off the ring that Lan Wangji gave her to him with a satisfied look. Shi Qingxuan squealed when she saw the ring and her mother also looked teary.

"Oh, Xianxian, this is beautiful…" Shi Qingxuan pulled Wei Wuxian's arm and looked at the ring closely. "Wow."

"Hmpf, show off." Wei Changze scoffed and continued to eat, but his eyes observed Lan Wangji closely.

The man was beautiful, and he exuded cold and intimidating air around him. His eyes were gold and observing everything quietly. He was like a predator, who sat quietly, waiting for a chance to pounce on his prey, his beloved daughter. But when he looked at his daughter, his eyes softened and even Wei Changze could see the love that the man radiating from his every pore for her. But he wasn't going to give up that easily. He was going to teach this young man that he, Wei Changze, would do anything for his beloved daughter, including testing if the man fit to be her spouse.