oneshot || the origins

Start from the beginning

She could see on the others faces that it was dawning on them that she was a bully. Sophie just gave me a small smile and led me to another room.

How could Sophie be so nice? Was she getting lucky? Was Sophie putting on an act? Stina hoped not, she hoped after seeing all the hearts Sophie changed--including her own--it wasn't a lie. She realized she'd been wrong about her, so Stina started crying more. Sophie didn't laugh or make snarky comments, she looked over me with so much compassion that she was taken aback.

How could Sophie act like this to her when Stina ruined her life?

"What even is the point of the Moonlark, Daddy. All I see is an annoying little elf with ugly brown eyes." He grunted and gave her a small smile, "Though the Moonlark isn't necessary, she is the change the world needs. To put an end to the wrong, like talentless nonsense, scorn, and prejudice."

She didn't understand what her father meant until now, because he was right. In front of her stands a girl who Stina bullied the whole time she was in the Lost Cities, the girl didn't look at her crying form in disgust, but hope. Sophie thinks that after the horrible things Stina has said and done, she can change.

"There's no reason to apologize. I don't care about the past, you've wronged me so many times and instead of looking for the reason, I hated you. If I can change, you can change. You've been wronged your whole life, and you changed, but you can change again--for the better.I have hope, and with hope you can do anything." She said with ease, warming Stina's cold heart.

"What do you mean, why are you being so nice?" She asked, her voice cracking, "Stina, no one, no matter how evil they are, are truly evil. There is always a reason, everyone deserves to be treated equally, 'Equal rights for all, special privileges for none' a quote from one of my favorite books, it's by Harper Lee. No matter how different we are, we are all the same." She finished with a smile and Stina finally got a good look at her, seeing her for the first time.

"Use my death as a turning point, Stina. Let the world see the real you." Stina started crying, Sophie too, "But what if they don't accept me?"

"It takes true hardship to learn, Stina, not everything is easy. If you want something you need to fight." Sophie smiled at her, "If it helps, I'll be your friend." She held a hand out to me and I took it, "To whatever end." Sophie said with a smile.

Listening to Sophie makes her cry, she is so compassionate and kind, not caring about Stina's problems and what she did to her. She only seems to care about Stina and not herself. She had judged the girl too quickly, she's not some trashy girl going after Fitz Vacker, she's the girl willing to go to lengths to change his perspective.

//

The coaches had told them that they were getting a new student today. Imagine Linh's surprise when the girl got stuck in the rope and set her leg on fire. Linh thought the girl was a pyrokinetic till she saw the girl had a magnifying glass in her hand--she used the sun's rays to burn away the rope.

It was smart but a big risk, she didn't miss a beat. Linh used the nearest pond and jetted the water on the poor girl. Everyone looked at her weirdly, and for a second Linh thought she was in trouble. She wasn't, to her surprise.

Tam just stared at her in shock. She laughed, she showed him.

//

Tam stared at the fire girl in shock, she was smart and stupid, if only she calculated better--he was going to murder his sister if she got them kicked out. She just blasted the girl with a jet of disgusting water.

The girl was on the ground hacking, her mask and hood came off with the jet of water. Tam froze, she is the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. He shook himself out of the thought when Coach Rohanna called him to take her to the healer guy in the boobrie mask.

They are walking there when he notices she's limping slightly, he puts an arm around her and she flinches. She looked up and he was met with the most stunning brown eyes.

He could tell she was an elf, but why did she have brown eyes?

It's rude to judge someone by their eye color. Said a small voice in my head, he jumped in fright, causing the girl to wince. "Sorry, it's just that your eyes are brown." He shadow whispered to her.

Yep, it's a genetic mis-hap. I really don't care, but all your staring is gonna make me self conscious. Do you think I'm a freak, Shade? She asked. It made his mind blank that she thought she was a freak, she's so pret--, his thoughts were interrupted by real joyous laughter.

You think I'm pretty, that I'm not some sort of freak. Before you deny it, just know that your mind is still connected to mine so I could hear your thoughts. He blushed madly, very embarrassed, "Telepath,"

When he looked back to her she was blushing too, though she had a distant look in her eyes. It was like she was no longer standing next to him, trapped in her own memories. What has the world done to her? In a different scenario he was sure that she would be much more happy and less jumpy. Something happened to her that still haunts her.

He was going to say more to her, but he saw the tent to the boobrie man's tent, "I'll take my leave, but if you need help look for two people joined at the hip. We're in purple.

When the girl came out of the tent, Coach Rohanna's face gave way and he could tell she was in a pissy mood. That must mean the girl is in our group, Tam could tell that Linh was happy by this. Her whole face lit up and she had a small smile.

He didn't know the girl that well so he checked her shadow vapor, so he could let Linh go near her, he hadn't seen her that happy in a while.

Her mind said she was hiding something but he couldn't figure any more out. The light was blending with the darkness, but he could just tell that she had a pure heart.

After he and Linh got their beads, she ran off. She was in the girl's face before the girl could move away, Tam followed quietly behind her. They did an introduction, but he could tell that the happy smile the girl, Luna, had on her face was fake.

We went separate ways and Tam realized that he was right, "Do you guys really want to be friends with me? I'm the brown eyed freak, why?"

Linh rushed up and hugged her, she flinched at first, freaking out then relaxed. It was like no one hugged her in a while. "Don't worry, Luna, you'll get no judgment from us. You're not the only freak here, you wanna know a secret? I flooded Atlantis." She said with a small smile that left Luna gaping.

She looked at us with so much compassion that Tam decided that he didn't need to fully know her to trust her.