9|

~

~

The morning before the Bennet ball, at The Bridgertons, the family relaxed in the drawing room. After yesterday's scandal, Daphne was finally free from Lord Berbrook. She wanted to enjoy her first night of freedom.

"Daphne, have you thought about with whom you would like to dance at tonight's ball?" Lady Bridgerton asked her daughter.

"Well I have some ideas. Lord Weaver is a fine dancer." Daphne responded.

"Lord Hardy was asking about you at White's last night." Anthony mentioned.

"Lord Hardy? What about the Duke?" Lady Bridgerton questioned.

"The Duke has not proposed, Mama." Daphne said, opening her book. "I am still considering my best course. And Lord Hardy is a fine option. Although, he is rather boastful."

"My dear, why ever do you complicate matters so? You must simply marry the man who feels like your dearest friend." Lady Bridgerton advised.

"Oh. Is that it, Mama? Well how very simple indeed!"

"Yes, quite!"

"Do you think the prince will be there, sister?" Hyacinth asked Daphne. "Perhaps you'll dance with him."

"I hope he'll be there, it's a ball to welcome him after all." She replied, still playing the piano.

"What about Miss Elena?" Hyacinth asked again.

"What about her?" Benedict suddenly asked loudly, startling the whole family.

It was awkwardly silent for a moment before Hyacinth spoke again. "Will she be dancing with the prince?"

Lady Bridgerton hummed. "I believe Lord Hawthorn is already courting her. But nevermind her, we need to prepare for tonight."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"Make haste!" Elena jumped at her mother's voice as she got out of her room. She took a step back to let the servants pass. "We still have a lot of work to do!" Lady Bennet yelled as she followed behind them.

Elena made her way towards the drawing room to join her siblings, but only Arthur could be found lying on the sofa, resting his eyes. She went to take a seat on the chair beside him.

"Even though I do not appreciate mama, I must admit, I loathe this side of her the most." She said as Arthur opened his eyes and sat properly.

"I could not agree more."

"So, what's going on with you?" Elena asked her older brother as she moved to take a seat next him. "Is your plan to fuck miss ballerina forever and never tell mama?"

"Where on earth are you learning these words?" Arthur asked with a surprised expression.

"What? Do you really think suitors and discipline are the only things that aunt Liana taught me?"