2|

~

~

It was an exciting day for the people of London, but not much of an exciting day for Elena. That's right, today is the day where the Bennets host a welcome home ball for their daughter.

"Tighter."
Lady Bennet said to Elena's maid, Miranda, as she circled around them. Miranda tightened the corset around Elena's waist as she let out a a small scream.

"Mama, I can barely breathe in this thing." Elena turned her head to her mother and held onto her stomach.

"A lady does not complain, Elena. You must look your best for tonight's ball."
She said walking around her to closely look at Elena. "No, that's not the right dress." Lady Bennet said to the other maid who had brought a beautiful yellow dress. "She must wear the family colours tonight."

"Is it such a necessity to wear something that's suffocating me?" Elena asked again but this time, she raised her voice a little.

"Enough complaining about the corset, Elena!" Lady Bennet snapped back to her daughter.

The young girl growled and decided to keep her mouth shut for the rest of the time. She just stayed out and listened to her mother order around the maids, deciding everything she would wear tonight.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

The maids had finished dressing up and styling Elena so she was now alone in her room, waiting for the ball to begin. She stood in front of her large mirror, admiring her dress and her hair. She hated to admit it, but she did like the way she looked.

A gentle knock on her door pulled her out of her thoughts. "Miss?" Miranda knocked and opened the door. "You are being called to the drawing room."

"Oh." Elena simply said. "Have the guests already arrived?" She asked her maid. It was still early for the ball to begin.

"No, miss." Miranda responded with a smile. "You have a visitor."

Elena followed Miranda as they made their way to the drawing room. As she walked through the halls, she was surprised at how beautifully decorated the house.

Outside of the drawing room, she could hear laughter. And they were all familiar voices. The servants opened the door for her and she saw her whole family gathered around her older sister, Elizabeth.

"Lizzie." She called in a shocked voice. They all turned the young girl and Elizabeth smiled, making her way to her younger sister. "Oh my goodness!" Elena exclaimed as she walked towards her sister and pulled her into a hug.