1|

~

~

Dearest reader, after the long wait, the time has finally come. As you may know or may not know, by 7 days time the social season shall begin.

The ladies are getting ready to be presented to her majesty The Queen. What a stressful time it is. But what most people are talking about is the day the foreign beauty returns.

That is correct dearest reader, the night before the presentation, is the night where we shall welcome back home Elena Bennet, daughter of  the marquess of Walesbury.

After studying abroad for 3 years, the foreign beauty shall finally be home.

My name is Lady Whistledown, you do not know me and rest assured you never shall. But be forewarned, dear reader, I most certainly know you.

~

"Foreign beauty, isn't that an interesting nickname?" Aunt Liana asked her niece as she finished reading the first article of Lady Whistldown.

Elena sighed and looked out the windows of the carriage, ignoring her aunt. Liana clicked her tongue and sat awkwardly in the carriage while staring at Elena as she started fanning herself.

"You are upset." Liana stated.

"I am not upset." Elena said while shaking her head, still looking out the window. "This is my resting face therefore, I always look upset."

"Well then, stop frowning so much." Liana scolded her niece. "Or you'll look like your great aunt Charlotte by the time you are thirty." She muttered under her breath.

At that comment, Elena closed her fan and shot her head towards her aunt. "Is there a point to this?!" She exclaimed.

"You haven't said a single word since we left. Why are you so quiet?" Liana asked. "Have you still not grown fond of me yet?"

Elena frustratingly crossed her arms and looked back at the window, knowing that if she opened her mouth, she'd regret it.

"After everything I've done for you-" She started.

"Oh, like how you took away my liberty?" Elena cut her off. "I've spent three years away from society and now I'm being thrown back into it expected to be the "marquess's perfect little girl" It's ridiculous." She finished, letting out an exasperated sigh.

Aunt Lina eyed her before gently taking Elena's hands. "Dearest... I understand how you feel." Elena watched as her aunt got ahold of her hands. "But I've taught you very well, and to be fair, you were a very good student. You are going to make a wonderful lady, Elena." She used her right hand to caress her cheek. "Do not blow this."