Happily (Ron weasley)

This is written for @pregnant-piggy's writing challenge on tumblr
Prompts: "we make a pretty good team" and "you feel like home"
A/n: this is a no voldy au because I said so and it's kinda based off of happily by one direction!
Pairing: Ron weasley x fem!slytherin!reader
Summary: Ron is in love with y/n greengrass since they were paired for potions back in third year. Since then the two had a great friendship even though no one could believe that a slytherin and gryffindor could even be civil with eachother. Over the years Ron thought that y/n returned his feelings, but maybe he was wrong. Or was he?
Warnings: kissing, cheating (not by Ron or the reader)
Word count: 1.4k

Ron weasley, the youngest son of the weasley clan

Ron weasley, the youngest son of the weasley clan. He was often very vocal about his staunch dislike of slytherins. He wanted nothing to do with them at all, he would rather stay away thankyou very much. So when Snape paired him with a slytherin in potions back in third year he was pissed, to say the least. He had to work with a slytherin the whole year? His worst nightmare.

But what Ron didn't expect was that the y/h/c slytherin would become one of his most cherished friends (and his crush but you didn't hear that from me). Over the months, he started to realise that slytherins weren't all bad. They in fact did have a soul. He started noticing the little things about y/n. The way she would pick at the skin around her nails when she was nervous or how she had a small dimple on her left cheek that would show when she smiled, or the way that she always had a scrunchie with her.

The two of them were so close that one would think they were a couple. They sat together on the red sofa of the gryffindor common room cuddled up together, or they way they were always touching. Ron always thought that one day they would get together, that she shared his feelings.

"We were meant to be but a twist of fate made it so we had to walk away from what we had." He would tell himself every time he saw y/n with her boyfriend. He was a slytherin boy with dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. Ron never bothered to learn his name, he was too busy being jealous that he wasn't the one holding y/n's hand.

Oh no one understands what it does to me when she holds his hand, Ron would often tell himself. No one, not even Harry who had to watch Ginny (yes Ron finally accepted that his best friend was in love with his little sister) be with Dean because it was barely a month or two before they got together. Ron had been pining after the girl since 4 years now. He had planned to ask her out this year but her stupid boyfriend came in the way.

Ron thought the man was an absolute prat. He didn't deserve y/n. She was the most amazing girl in the world and she deserved nothing less than a gentleman. Well maybe that was just his point of view because he was hopelessly in love as his friends would say. "You should have taken the opportunity when you had the chance. It's obvious she likes, or liked you." Hermione would say. It was too late now.