Snowballs and secrets (sirius black)

This is for my Christmas list on Tumblr! It's with the prompt "Did you just- did you just challenge me, the snowball fight champion to a snowball fight?"

Summary: a cold snowy day leads to a snowball fight and a few secrets come out in the process...

Warnings: just a few swear words here and there, blink and you'll miss;)

Pairing - sirius black x female reader
****
It was a cold snowy day and the marauders had decided to stay back at Hogwarts rather than go home since it their last year there. "Wakey wakey Sirius." Y/n said staring at his sleeping face. "Go away Celeste" (let's just pretend your animagus is an owl ok thanks) he grumbled. Turning around in his bed. "No can do pads, get up now." "Or what?" He challenged. "This." Y/n shrugged. She muttered 'aguamenti" A jet of cold water spurted out of her wand on sirius' face.

"Bloody hell woman, what was that for?" He woke up with a jerk. "You challenged me and this is what you get." Y/n smirked. Sirius shook his head. "I'm sorry, I'll never mess with you again." He laughed. "Get changed now mister or you'll catch a cold." Y/n pulled Sirius up. "Just know, this is your fault." He muttered and walked into the bathroom. Y/n dried his bed with a spell and walked out of the boys dormitory and went to the great hall for breakfast where the other marauders were waiting for her.

Y/n wasn't a marauder but she was an honorary one. She and Remus had been thick as thieves growing up and it only made sense that they remained close in hogwarts. She became good friends, best friends even, with the marauders and had even become an animagus for Remus. She had a hand in the making of the marauders map too.

Y/n skipped to the great hall and ruffled remus' hair and sat down beside him. "Celeste why did you do that?" Remus whined. "Because you have fluffy hair moony." She grinned. "Did you have any success walking up our sleeping beauty?" James inquired. "Yes I did." Y/n looked proud of herself. "Woah, how did you that without him killing you?" Peter said. "I have my ways." "And, y/n's the only one who can wake him up without being hit with a pillow." Remus snickered. Y/n stifled laughter remembering how she woke up the sleeping boy. "Look here he is now." Peter pointed out.

Sirius grunted and sat beside James and stole a piece of toast from his plate. "Hey that's mine." James complained. "Not anymore." Sirius replied, stealing yet another piece of toast. James swatted his hand away and licked the entire bread. "Now you can't steal it." He said triumphantly. "That act like children." Remus muttered in y/n's ear. She giggled and nodded. "They really do."

After breakfast, they all decided to go out into the courtyard and have a small walk in the cold weather. Remus cast a warning charm on all of them and they were off in the cold. It had snowed the previous night and there was a thick layer of snow on the ground. "Snow angels?" Peter suggested lying down on thr snow. Everybody joined him and made their own.

"Ok now what?" Sirius asked. Just at that moment, y/n charmed a large snowball to fall on sirius' face. "What the heck?" He dusted the snow off his face. "L/n you're gonna regret that!" He said and ran behind the girl throwing balls of snow at her back. Her laughter echoed the courtyard, and Sirius swore he had never heard a better sound.

Sirius finally caught up to y/n and tackled her to the ground. She fell face first in the snow. She turned around and tried to push sirius away. But he picked up a handful and snow and threw it in her face. She spat out the snow. "What was that for?" Sirius shrugged and got up. He held out a hand for y/n but pulled it away just as she reached out to it, making her fall back in the snow. "Fuck you black!" She chased after him.

Y/n made a snow ball and threw it at sirius back. He turned around and made a snow ball and threw it back at her. Y/n gasped and threw two back at Sirius. "Did you just- did you just challenge me, the snowball fight champion to a snowball fight?" Sirius fake gasped. "Yes, yes I did." Y/n smirked.

Sirius gathered a large amount of snow and rolled it into a ball and flung it at y/n. "It went in my shirt!" She whined. Her hair started turning an icy blue. "How did you do that?" Sirius gasped. "Do what?" She said, confused. "Turn your hair blue!" He pointed at her hair.

"Oh that, I'm a metamorphagus." Y/n stated nonchalantly. "Why didn't you tell us?" He asked. "Must have slipped my mind." Y/n grinned. Sirius shook his head and flicked his wand. Another huge ball of snow fell on y/n's head and she fell down. "Owww." She rubbed her head. "Shit are you ok?" Sirius walked toward her. He tripped on his own feet fell over y/n, their faces inches apart. Sirius could feel her breath on his face. He slowly moved closer and he could see the roots of her hair turn pink. Her chin upturned and he pressed his lips to hers. Sirius supported himself on one arm and the other was placed on her cheek.

They pulled apart. "Hi." Y/n bit her lip. "Hey there." Sirius smiled.

"Oi love birds, if you're done mind joining us for ice skating, the black lake has frozen." James called out. Sirius sat up and pulled y/n up too. He kissed her one last time before they went to join their friends. Their fingers were threaded together and Sirius felt warm inside even though the weather was icy cold.

They joined their friends in laughter as they walked slowly on the ice, their fingers still threaded together. It was a day to remember.