Chapter 8 - The New Four Introduction

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you General Lola Roberta Mizuka," an announcer introduced as the General of the Army emerged from behind the curtains. She became more than fearless, confidence had increased incredibly taken its' toll on her. Lola was more than just strong and sensitive.

She received applause from the enlarged army, and furthermore, she even got support from fellow Generals, and Academy graduates, far as the "The New Four" goes.

"Thank you, Bokanu. It is an honor and privileged to have you all come into this very building," Lola's voice echoed thoroughly not only the intercom, but throughout the entire building. She spoke with sense of knowledge and maturity. "For over the past fifteen years, I have expected so much to come from this organization that I'm leading. But I have dedicated my token of gratitude to as much of my men and women could get."

"Dude, your mother sure has a way with words, doesn't she," Alex applied, giving his close friend more than a compliment.

"Quiet, I'm trying to hear her," Hitachi avoided the question and focused more on what he thought was vital to him. Who could blame him? Lola wouldn’t be able to.

"I have done more than become a leader; I have raised four wonderful children, blood or no blood. They've all been like my family. A family that I've never thought I'd have. Few of them had considered me as an older sister; one of them is someone that I lend a helping hand to as well as shelter. And--"

Lola seemed hesitant before she could address her figure of speech about Hitachi and Crystal. The atmosphere became heavy when a sudden flash of her dark past came into play. She grunted lightly, but it still caught Hitachi's attention. All the gloomy and disturbing images flowed through the figures of Lola's appearance. The Mizuka General took a few deep breaths before resuming to her speech.

Everyone had a variety of expressions - Some were confused, concerned, nervous or were beginning to have unfortunate doubts of Lola's current condition; as to still being a General.

"Excuse me for that, everyone. Like I was saying. I've raised four children, two who are like younger siblings. The other two are children-like."

An enormous gap of murmurings came from a chunk load of soldiers that were in the audiences. It didn't surprise the General that they'd get a strong reaction out of something so unexpected. Up to this very day, this generation still had no idea that Lola's raising an Aruba's child after the title changed hands years earlier. 

"I thought the Aruba bloodline was extinct," soldier one, a white, chin-bearded male, said, glancing at his fellow soldier.

Lola's voice spoke intentionally into the microphone, "Silence, everyone. I'm not done speaking my piece. Now I have one more thing I would like to address. This may or may not sound that crazy to you all, but I also have a child that I've carried for nine months - not more than eighteen years ago, this young man has always resembled my husband's appearance, and everything that I could dream of."

She gawked in the direction to where Hitachi stood, arms crossed in front of his chest with a smiling mask on his face.

"I--" Lola stammered, according to the tone in her voice. She was deliberately chocking when tears. The General tried to speak some more, but haunting memories were closing in on her, touched inevitably by the thoughts of segregations. Shocking the balcony, tears were slipping through her eyes, deeply trying to keep her head strong. "Wh--" 

Before she lost her mind, Shizuka Siya approached her childhood closest friend, who is like a younger sister. Shizuka became more understanding of what Lola's been through and she wouldn't want to inform anyone of Lola's true emotions, even though she's suspected.