Chapter 7 - Prepared For Ceremony

Hitachi's heart had finally calmed down after receiving a kiss to his forehead by one of his fellow warriors and mentors. He and his mother never had the best chances to even have a conversation without it evolving into a dispute. Hiba normally embraces him with sympathy countless that she'd do everything in her power to admire his courage to speaking his mind. 

"Sometimes, you have to just let people explain themselves before you feel they take it too personal," Hiba stated, leaning her back up against the well. She noticed a conflict of agreement on  Hitachi's face. "You don't agree with me, do you?" 

Hitachi disagreed, "I think that it would be best if you were a bit more specific than that." 

"OK," Hiba agreed, confused but smiled. "What else do you want me to point out?

"No. What I want to know is how the hell did you even become a warrior and you didn't even complete three years of the Intoxicated Academy?"

That question had been asked many times towards the Hinura warrior. She never took it into consideration that most people get irritated about the fact that Hiba either skipped a number of grades, did something to spark the interest of so many educators of the Academy, or she was special Ed. 

"I usually don't like to talk about that, to be honest with you. Why do you expect for me to answer a question like that?" Hiba's expression changed once she uttered, 'question like that'. "If it bothers you that much sometimes, then there's no reason for me to hold it in any longer." 

"So, that means you'll tell me right?" He assumed, and yet he saw in Hiba's eyes that she clearly didn't want to speak of it; especially around those close to her. "I guess not. You make it seem very difficult to understand you more. But that's just you then. I hope I didn't take that too far." 

Hiba giggled, gripping both Hitachi's shoulders firmly and replied, "When you get a lot older, you'll understand more about me. But as of right now, we need to work on some mother-son relationship issues right now. I'll go have a word with your mother and let's see what she has to say about the things that she didn't mean to say about you being born." 

Sheer happiness sparked Hitachi's mask, realizing the black clouds in his mind had begun to fade away. He smiled greatly as he waited aside for HIba to return. But before his mentor began her search for the General, he halt her. 

"Hiba, I wanted to ask you on more question before we got tonight's event over with," Hitachi's eyes were focused on the back of Hiba.

Hiba completed turned her head around enough for her to see the figure behind her, "What is it?"

"Well, um. It's just that--," Hitachi lack the courage to ask Hiba something that she doesn't want to be apart of her life. She tried her best to puzzle the suspense of the young man’s question. The air in the hallway had weighed down on Hitachi's heart once again. "Have you, um--"

"What is it, Hitachi? I need to go and get ready for the event and talk to your mom," Hiba rushed, impatiently with motivated legs. 

His question was not only subtle, but quickly asked, "Do you have any relatives that's been around for you from the time you were born? Like is it that difficult to expose what your experience as child?" 

Suddenly, Hiba felt the atmosphere was surrounding her. She emotionally sighed with her head turned towards her left shoulder. The question was too critical for her to connect her answer to, struggling with her mind rewinding many years prior of a tragic incident that happened within her family. She raised her right index finger and grinding her teeth down onto her with the intentions of allowing the blood to slip out of it.