03; deep shit

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out, and as soon as I processed what I had just said, I slapped a hand over my mouth. Allison nearly choked on the chips that she was eating.

"Pregnant?!" My grandma yelled, "You had sex... before marriage?!" she gasped. I was afraid that she might have a heart attack.

"No!" I quickly answered, causing my entire family to raise an eyebrow at me.

Lily, what are you saying?! Of course you had sex! How else would you be pregnant?! I mentally slapped myself, but then, I remembered what Ashton said.

Nobody.

"I've never had sex, grandma!" I said, putting on my best confused face. "I mean.. I'm a virgin. I know I was a pretty reckless teenager, but I never let a boy come near me with those kinds of intentions!" I 'admitted'. I heard gasps from all around me and my mother suddenly stood in front of me.

"Honey.." she sternly said, and I flinched, expecting a slap to the face, but was instead greeted by a hug. "This.. this is a blessing, Lillian!" she pulled away from me and looked at me with sparkling eyes. I swallowed hard and nodded, stunned that she would actually believe me. "What's wrong? You look pale!"

"I'm just feeling.. pretty sick. And dizzy..." I groggily said, reaching my hand over to grab Allison. "I think Ally should drive me home."

"Oh, yeah, I should do that! You need your rest now! For the, uh, both of you!" Allison choked on her words as she grasped my hand.

"Okay, dear, just please be safe! Get some rest, I'll call and talk to you tomorrow." My mom said, stepping back. I nodded, waving a goodbye to everyone else before quickly standing up and practically running towards the door, Allison right on my heels. As soon as we got outside and slammed the door shut, she slapped the back of my head.

"Ow! What the hell?!" I whisper-yelled.

"A virgin?!" She said under her breath, hopping into her car since she decided to drive us. I got in on the passenger's side and shrugged. I was trying to act cool, but on the inside, I was freaking out.

"Yeah! Ashton told me to say that!" I said, crossing my arms and chewing on my lips.

"Ashton told you to act like the Virgin Mary?" she scoffed, starting up her car.

"Not exactly, but..." I sighed.

"You do realize your family is going to believe you, right? They're the most gullible people in the world." she groaned, starting to drive. "Remember that one time in tenth grade? When you went back home hungover and with a bunch of hickeys on your neck and they totally caught you?"

"Yeah.."

"You told them that you fell down a mountain while you were hiking with me and you hit your head. I wasn't even in the state! I was on a vacation in Hawaii!" She yelled, making me slightly laugh which she did not appreciate. "Mark my words, Lily... you're gonna get yourself into deep shit."

I didn't have to mark her words, because the next day, a phone call woke me up.

I rubbed my eyes with one hand as the other one sleepily searched around my blankets for my phone. Once I found it, I looked to see an unfamiliar number. I slid to the right and yawned as I held my phone up to my ear, expecting to hear some pre-recorded ad.

"Hello, is this Lily?" a man's voice asked on the other line. I sat up a bit in my bed and cleared my throat.

"Uh, yes?" I answered.

"Well, Lily.. This is Bill Turner from the talk show 'Turnin It Around'." I furrowed my eyebrows, immediately recognizing the voice that I had watched on TV a million times. "I got a call from your grandmother last night in regards to a real life Virgin Mary story."

My heart began to beat faster than it ever had before and I felt like I was going to choke on my own saliva.

"Oh, uh, y-yes! That's me.." I spit out without thinking.

"Great! Yes, that's great.. is there any chance that we could meet up tonight? Possibly over coffee. I would love to hear more about your predicament."

"That sounds perfect!" By that moment I was convinced that my brain had been taken over.

"There's an amazing place called The Roast in West Hollywood, if that's not too out of the way."

"No, no, it's fine."

"Eight?"

"Sure!"

"Hate to cut this short, but I really have to get back to the set. I cannot wait to hear more, Lily." He said quickly before hanging up.

I shakily set my phone down on my bedside table and ran my hands over my face.

I am in deep shit.

***
turnin it around tho im patting myself on the back this is so 100

i feel like this is awful and moving too fasT but idk