he gulped down before answering. "yeah, yeah um let's go, uhm yeah er you looks so beautiful today, it's not like you're not beautiful usually but you're so pretty tonight"

he stopped talking when aera cough at the back. more like a fake one though. jina laughed and thanked him. they both walk to the door before aera pull asahi aside. "you, take care of her okay. don't you dare hurt her".

asahi gulp down in fear and nodded. jina laughed again and pull asahi hand to the door. they will be super late if they don't leave now.

-🐼-

they arrived at the company and jina took a deep breath in. asahi saw that and take her hand and hold them tight. he gave jina a reasurring smile and they goes out from the car.

as soon as they enter, almost all of asahi co-worker is there. asahi talked and introduced her to some of his friends and they talked a bit. jina only kept quiet since she's not that familiar with all of this kind of stuff.

all of a sudden, all of the employees attention are on the glass door.

jihoon already arrive with yeji, looking the same as always. he's smiling happily, with his eyes. jina can't help but tear up a little bit. the love of her life is standing in front of her, happily smiling but she was not by his side. instead she's standing far away from him, only as an audience this time.

asahi saw jina almost tear up and hold her hand tight. jina only smiled at that.

the moment their eyes caught each other, jihoon was stumped. it have been month since he last saw jina. and she looks as beautiful as ever. he shook the thought out from his head. he continue to smile to his employees but not making eye contact with her anymore.

jina on the other hand, felt like her heart is been crushed by seeing yeji hand tight holding onto jihoon's. and the way jihoon is shocked when he saw her, makes her miss him more. the beautiful smile, she miss that so much. that smile will always cheer her up when she's sad or stresses out. but now that smile is specially for the girl next to him, not her anymore.

-🐼-

"hey i'm gonna go and talk to jaehyuk for a bit okay?". jina only nodded at that. she's feeling a bit bored by now since all of them are on the dance floor. her mind wonder to jihoon again.

"hey, long time no see". she look up and her eyes met with him. jina felt as if the time was paused. he greeted her with that same old school smile.

she could only look down on her foot before responding . "yeah, don't talk to me please". she was about to stand up and walk away when he grabbed her hand. "jina please, can we talk?".

she pushed his hand away and look into his eyes. "please don't touch me, i don't want your future wife to be jealous. oh right, now you want to talk? you should've done that a few months ago jihoon."

she didn't know why but jihoon seem hurt by her answer. "but, there's something you should know"

jina sighed and shook her head. "what? do you want to explain how in the period of four months, you forgot about all of our memories together, all of your promises, about me! did 5 years means nothing to you park jihoon? "

jihoon is frowning more hearing jina's word. it did hurt his feelings. " please, hear me out first ".

"no thanks, i'm gonna go get sahi. ". as she turn around, jihoon once again grab her hand. this time, tighter than before. jina looks at his face. she didn't know why jihoon looks so desperate to talk to her. their relationship is over and there's nothing more to talk about.