𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭

Steve Rogers didn’t know why he was doing this. Maybe it was his guilt driving him to the place where he broke the heart of the purest woman he ever loved. After the internal and physical battle he had to endure moments prior to his drive to the compound where the woman resides, he was well aware that needed a last goodbye to the woman he learned to admire and adore. He couldn’t leave the 21st century, knowing that he didn’t come clean with the woman that made it bearable and enjoyable. 

As he was about to press the button to let him in, the familiar pole with the camera appeared from underneath the ground. The voice of the AI that everyone knew to love was the thing that broke him from his trainwreck. “If isn’t the walking American flag?”

“Good to hear you, JINJIN!” he let out the first real smile since the second battle against Thanos.

“Thank you, Cap!” the lenses of the camera zoomed in making it look like it was frowning, “although, I cannot comprehend what the hell you are doing?”

“I wanted to talk with Bella.” his hands were inside his jacket as if the breeze would be too cold for him. His nerves getting the best of him in the last few minutes, made him go into a sense of Nostalgia. 

“I don’t think that's a good idea….”

“Please, JINJIN.” he begged. He begged as if his life depended on it.

After a moment of silence between them, she finally let him in. She didn’t want to, but she knew it was necessary for both Bella and Steve. 

With every step a new wave of nerves pushed him into a state of panic.  He had a whole speech prepared, only for it to be all forgotten in a snap of fingers. Once he crossed the last barrier between him and Bella, he could clearly see the tear stains in her eyes, he could hear the sobs and hiccups that were leaving the sweet, peachy mouth of hers. He felt as the stir of guilt started to form in the pit of his stomach, he wasn’t sure what her reaction would be about him leaving.

She, afterall, had just lost Tony Stark. 

And she was about to lose another person close to her.

“Arabella,” said girl didn’t look up when she was being called, she continued to cry and sob even louder. Steve had picked a bad time to come and break even worse news to her. Grimacing, he opened his arms wide enough for her to come into an embrace. She gladly took the offer. “Sweetheart, come here.”

As soon as her head was buried in his chest, she let out a piercing sound that would make a banshee jealous. It was such a high pitch that it made no sound. Pain shoots through her throat as the only reminder that she is screaming, sobbing her sorrows away. Steve pressed a hard kiss on his ex-girlfriend's head, trying to give her as much comfort as possible.

They continued to hold on to each other, up to the point where Steve forgot everything that linked him to the past. 

“What are you doing here Steve?” a now calmed Arabella asked Steve.

“Arabella, you remembered how we went back in time to get the stones,” arabella was nodding before realising what he was implying.

“You are going back.” Steve tried to reach out to her, but she had already stepped back. On the last part of her sentence she whispered a sentence, in which he didn’t hear. “You are going back to her.”

“Yes.” 

“Alright.” That wasn’t something he expected to hear from her. “Go, nothing is tying you down to this time.”

“Are you sure?”

“This is not my choice to make, I don't have to assure you of nothing, Steve.” Arabella pushed Steve to the door, “leave Steve. Be happy alongside the woman you love.”

Her smile was the last thing he remembered seeing before he was sent back to a time that seemed foreign to him.

A time where the woman he actually loved had not yet been born.

A time he regretted going back to.

For my absence I decided to give you guys a present!!