Twelve

The first thing Arabella could make out from waking up was the soft white sheet that was over her, and the fluffy pillow that was between her legs

The first thing Arabella could make out from waking up was the soft white sheet that was over her, and the fluffy pillow that was between her legs. ‘What the hel-’

Her thoughts were cut short as soon as a burning and unbearable pain came from her left shoulder, after she went to push herself up. she fell right back into the soft mattress, holding her left shoulder. She wasn’t thinking straight, well she was never really straight, the agony of the wound made it impossible for her to process where she was at. 

Taking deep breaths, Arabella was able to remember fractures of the previous events. Carefully, she rolled into her right side pushing herself up from the soft bedding. Her bare feets walked gracefully towards the full-body mirror that was leaning back against the beige colored wall.

She was a mess.

Her clothes were fully covered with dried and crusty blood residue. The left side of her black jacket had a whole where the bullet went through her shoulder. The little makeup she had was smudge all over her face, drops of sweat could still be seen in her forehead and around her cheeks. 

Shouts could be heard from outside the wooden doors, the more she approached the door the more she could make out the words being said.

"We're gonna need all hands on deck for whatever's coming next." Sam explained

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, Sam, huh?" Walker taunted. "Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?"

No one seemed to have noticed Arabella, for they were looking at a familiar vibranium spear that hit the pillar. Arabella, ignoring the burning sensation from the wound, smiled at the familiar woman in Dora Milaje uniform. Two more women walked inside, their faces showing authority and power.

Ayo and the other woman hit their spears on the ground. "Even if he is a means to your end, time's up." Ayo said in Wakandan, Arabella was thankfully able to understand. Afterall Shuri had taught her how to speak their language the first time she visited before the blip. "Release him to us now."

"Hi, John Walker. Captain America." Walker stuck his hand out to Ayo making Arabella winced at the man."Well, let's, uh, put down the pointy sticks and we can talk this through, huh?"

"Hey, John, take it easy." Arabella made her presence known to them. Bucky and Sam let out sigh of relief, Ayo’s eyes softened when her eyes met Bella’s but they quickly became stone as Ayo noticed her bloody shoulder "You might wanna fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje."

"The Dora Milaje don't have jurisdiction here." John challenged Ayo.

"The Dora Milaje have jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be."

"Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot." John started to walk towards the Dora Milaje and put his hand on her shoulder.

Well….that is when he knew...he fucked up.

Ayo hit him with the spear. She then kicks him, making him fly back into the spear that's inside the pillar. Walker grabs the shield and blocks the spear from impaling him. Bucky approached Arabella, “Are you okay? Shouldn’t you be resting? Come on, let's go back to the room.”

Arabella couldn’t hold her smile at the pure concern he was displaying for her. “I am fine, Buck.”

“But-” Bucky was cut off by Sam who made his way besides the unofficial couple.

"We should do something." Sam said, making Arabella pout at the prospect of stopping John’s pain.

"Looking strong, John!" Bucky shouts over the fighting

"Bucky....." Sam warned. When Sam saw that he wasn’t making any progress, he turned to look at Bella with a pleading look.

“Bucky,” Bucky’s eyes softened at Bella’s voice, his tense shoulders dropped. “Please.”

Bucky groaned before accepting Bella’s request. Ignoring Sam’s whispered, ‘whipped’ 

"Ayo, let's talk about this." Arabella was pushed by Sam out of the way from an upcoming spear;she was unable to see the interaction between Bucky and Ayo. When she was capable of standing up, she noticed that Ayo and the other two women had made their way out.

“Bucky…” Her whispering was unheard by both of the men.

Bucky could only think of his own guilt that was consuming him the more he got into this mess, there were too many things Bucky had to do before feeling free.

And, that was telling Arabella everything.

Even if it cost him her affection and trust.

Do I hate this chapter?  Yes.

Did I need something to update? Yes.

Will there be a smut soon? Yes.

Well, here it is an update.