Ten

Zemo comes back into the room changed, walking away with them close behind

Zemo comes back into the room changed, walking away with them close behind. "Let's go ask around. Shame what's become of this place." Arabella was looking tenderly at the kids that were playing and laughing together. Bucky watched lovingly the smile Arabella has plastered on her face.  Her smiled, maybe wasn’t wide enough that her eyes disappeared, but her smiled was beaming at the childish antics of the kids playing. She looked just like a mother. And damm would she be a good one, Bucky couldn’t help himself of thinking about a life with her. "When I was young, we used to come here for fabulous dinners and parties. I knew nothing of the politics of the time. Of course. But I remember it being beautiful.”

Arabella’s smiled turned from a an affection to a sorrowful smile. How she wished that her childhood was a bit more free, or that she even had one. Bucky noticed this and placed a hand on her shoulder.

 "I'm gonna take a look around upstairs." Sam said "See what you can find out here and both of you keep an eye on him."

"I'll stay out of your way." Zemo said walking away from the group.

Arabella turned to look at Bucky, who was already watching her. “I am going to see what I can find.”

Bucky was about to protest against her choice, but his brain stopped functioning once he felt a soft pair lips close to his mouth. His mouth was a bit opened in shock, and when he finally snapped out of it, He realized that Arabella was no longer there, and had walked away from him. “She will be the death of me.”

✧༺♥༻✧

Arabella approached one of the kids who were playing, Arabella noticed one of the girls looking at her with a pink tint in her tiny cheeks. Arabella made hand gestures towards the little girl to come to her. The little girl nodded towards one of the alleys near, where they could talk. Arabella followed the little girl into the alley, she kneeled in front of her. “ Do you know a Donya Madani?”

The little girl nodded shyly, Arabella smiled at the little girl with that motherly aura around her which made the little girl walk closer to the elder woman. Arabella unclipped her necklace in a heart shape, and walked around behind the little girl placing the necklace on the little girl’s neck. As soon as she walked in front of the little girl, she told her everything she knew.

“Go play.” The little girl left Arabella standing there alone in the alley. Watching how the little girl had a better childhood that she ever did, or at least had one. 

✧༺♥༻✧

Arabella entered only to come across the other three who were too busy engaging in a tense argument. Bucky turned to look at Arabella, as he was the first one to notice.

"What did you find?" 

"The funeral is this afternoon." Bucky gives the woman a proud grin.

"You know the Dora's coming for you any minute. In fact, they're probably lurking outside right now." Bucky told Zemo, as Bucky pulled Arabella closer to him.