After a couple of hours I stretch my back out and see George and Soph in the back of the garage "I need to speak to Soph quickly" I tell Marcus placing my hand on his shoulder as I walk past. I head over "Soph, George can I have a word?" I ask them and they both look concerned "sure" George says "I'm sorry about earlier, I was completely out of line" I start and Soph goes to interrupt me "I didn't make it clear that I am beyond happy for you both" I say and she looks really surprised "don't worry about earlier, we should've told you before" she tells me and I pull her into my arms "Can we just be happy for your both? I don't need any details as George is my brother" I pull a sick face and she laughs "I've really missed you" she tells me and I squeeze her tighter.

Charles

She won't talk to me, she said to give her time but I know every second apart I'm losing her more. She won't listen to how I truly feel. I don't love Charlotte, not since we broke up years ago! I've never loved anyone like I love Rosie. Ever. We've been through too much together for things to end like this. I never expected what happened with Charlotte and I didn't want it to happen! Fuck!

I am walking through the paddock on my way to the garage, it's race day and for the first time I'm dreading it. I can't focus, I haven't all weekend, it's a fluke really that I qualified in p5. I glance towards Williams knowing that Rosie will be immersed in paperwork, sat in her usual seat next to Marcus, finalising race strategy. My heart aches, I miss her and although I know it is my fault that we are in this position, I also know that it wasn't intentional whether she believes me or not. I shake my head and continue towards Ferrari. Walking in I spot Francesco immediately and Andrea (my trainer) was getting out my helmet. "Buon giorno" I say as I pass the mechanics and engineers. I'm really not in the mood for chatting today. I go straight to my drivers room and shut the door. I drop my bag in the corner and pull my phone out of my pocket, I can't help but message her, I've held off for the last two weeks but I can't anymore.

Mon Ange, I'm so sorry for betraying your trust. I promise you that I never intended for her to be at the race let alone in my room. I know I've hurt you and I can't take that back but I would like for us to talk? I really miss you! Your stupid idiot x

Rosie

My phone buzzed and I had a minute so I unlocked the screen and saw a message from Charles. I wasn't sure whether to feel happy because he has given me the space I have asked for and has decided to message or sad that it took him this long. My eyes skim through what he has written and I let out a sigh which catches the attention of Marcus "everything okay?" He asks from beside me "just a message from Charles. I'm gonna meet him later, I can't do this anymore" I say and I see the sympathy in his eyes "don't do anything you don't feel comfortable with" he tells me and I give him a small smile "I won't, don't worry!"

"Right George, head down! Baku is very unforgiving" I say as he settles in to the car "I know, keep out of trouble" he isn't wrong "okay, good luck as always!" I know I need to be quiet now "thanks!" I look at the screens in front of me, ready for the race to begin.
Sergio Perez made a strong start to slip past Max Verstappen and claim a fourth place that he'd hold onto until Verstappen breezed past him down the straight on Lap 6, while the biggest loser off the start was Charles, whose medium tyres lacked the bite of the soft-shod runners all around him. Having started P5 on the grid following his crash in qualifying yesterday, the Monegasque fell down to 10th off the line after getting jumped by the McLaren of Carlos Sainz and the Renault of Daniel Ricciardo. After that disappointing beginning, though, Charles used his Ferrari power to good effect to reel off a series of DRS-assisted overtakes. That meant that, by the time Bottas, Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen had all pitted to get rid of their soft tyres by Lap 15, it was Leclerc who led the race, as he eked out the tyre life on his yellow-walled rubber, Ferrari appearing to try to cover themselves off in case a Safety Car was called out.

"Right George up ahead, Stroll, 2.3 seconds" I say watching the cars around the track. George hits the confirm button and we settle down for the remaining laps of the race. Behind, Lap 32 witnessed a bizarre incident when Daniel Ricciardo, still hunting for braking confidence in his Renault R.S.19, locked up and went straight on at Turn 3. Kvyat had to take avoiding action and pulled up to stop, only for Ricciardo to reverse out of the slip road and straight into the Toro Rosso "George Yellow flags, turn 3! Riccardo and Kyvat" I inform him. "What happened?" He asks "unsure, they are in an access road"

Then on Lap 40, Pierre Gasly, was in trouble, as his sixth-placed RB15 ground to a halt, bringing out a Virtual Safety Car, "VSC George, Gasly!" I say trying to keep track of what is happening while Grosjean retired into the Haas garage on the same lap. When racing resumed, Hamilton was unable to launch a proper challenge against Bottas, who saw out the remaining 10 laps to take his second win of the year "P11 George, well done! Bottas P1, Lewis P2 and Vettel P3" I say "good race, great pit stop call! Shame we couldn't get a point! Well done everyone" I look at his position on the track "right drive to parc ferme. Remember to switch off" I say and I take my headphones off before walking back to the garage.

Charles agreed to meet me by the hotel, I thought we could go for a walk along the beach. I stand waiting nervously unsure if I actually wanted to see him. I glance up from my phone and spot him walking out of the of the doors "Mon Ange" he greets me and I smile slightly "Hey Charles, you okay to go for a walk?" I ask and he nods "to the beach?" He asks and I nod, he knows how much the see calms me. It's complete silence till we reach the sand about 10 minutes later. I plop down and pull my knees up wrapping my arms around my legs. I don't know what to say or where to begin if I'm honest "Do you want to talk?" He asks and I know he is as worried as me "I don't know where to start" I say and look over to him. This is the first time we haven't been on good terms and I don't like it.

"Okay can I go?" He asks after giving me 5 minutes "go ahead" I say "I want you to know that I didn't invite her to China, it wasn't a planned meeting. She was here with Prada and I know it sounds like an excuse but it isn't. Yes we did spend time together when you didn't have your memory and I in no way want to take that negative experience and belittle it but I didn't struggle too. I thought I had lost you forever and she gave me comfort that I desperately needed. I understand now that it's just created more problems and for that I can never be sorry enough." He takes a deep breath "I didn't kiss her, she kissed me. I know it looked bad and I hadn't pushed her away soon enough and for that I will never forgive myself but I need you to give me a chance to earn forgiveness from you" he stops and I am still processing his words "I want to believe you, I really do but I can't. Lando did this to me before and it feels like I'm stuck in a loop. I love you Charles more than I should and you have been there for me when I have needed you the most. For now though I can't be with you"