29: "The Past Repeats"

Start from the beginning

Minato looked to be in deep thought, before answering.

Minato:"All Might, huh? ...Deep down, I never thought I could become a hero. I just wanted to help my friends achieve their dreams. That is, until I met All Might. He told me I could become a hero. He trusted that I could become one and helped me the best he could, even when he learned of my past. He even risked his life to prove it to me. All this time, I kept going thanks to his words. But I realized that I was using those words as a crutch. (Determined) This time, I have to keep going, not with his words pushing me forward, but with my own. If you're willing to let me stay, I'll work as hard as I can!"

The two shake hands, a smile showing on both their faces. After delivering their applications, the boys went back to school, preparing for their first day of work study. The next day came, as the three students, who had changed into their hero costumes waited by the entrance of the agency for Sir Nighteye.

Izuku:"You got a new costume, Minato-kun?"

Izuku asked as he looked to his friend's new costume, composed of a black full bodysuit, with black shorts and a black short-sleeved jacket over it, and black sneakers.

Minato:"Yeah. I got Hatsume to make it for me. It's pretty resistant and it also allows me to use my kagune without shredding the back of the costume."

After a few minute of talking, Sir Nighteye arrives with Bubble Girl.

Sir Nighteye:"Today we'll be patrolling and monitoring. Me and Bubble Girl will form one unit, while you three form another. Our target is a small organized crime group called Shie Hassaikai. (Shows a picture) Their leader, a man named Chisaki, has been making moves lately."

Minato:"(Surprised) Yakuza. Now that's rare. I thought they only worked on trafficking or as manpower for villains, nowadays."

Bubble Girl:"It's true that they have been nearly gone for quite some time now, but this Chisaki guy has been trying to gather forces for some reason. He even made contact with the League of Villains recently, though we don't know the details."

Hearing the League being mentioned, the two first-years become serious.

Sir Nighteye:"However, we've acquired no evidence of any wrongdoing, so we can't treat these Hassaikai people as actual villains. What we are seeking is concrete evidence of criminal activity. While being careful not to attract their attention, of course."

The two teams then start their patrolling. As Minato and Izuku walk through the street, following Mirio, until Minato feels something bump against his leg, only to see a small girl, with bandages on her legs and arms. Seeing her, Minato and Izuku kneel to face her.

Minato:"(Smiling) Hey, are you okay?"

Izuku:"You're not hurt, are you?"

As the child sees him approach her, she twitches in fear, until a voice from behind her makes the three look towards the owner of said voice.

"Shame on you, causing trouble for this nice hero."

The trio looks to see the man speaking was none other than Chisaki, the leader of the Shie Hassaikai.

Chisaki:"Let's go home, Eri. Sorry for any trouble my daughter caused. She gets too excited when she plays and ends up hurting herself."

Seeing the man, Minato gets a serious look, while Izuku becomes somewhat panicked. Seeing the panicked expression, Mirio pulls Izuku's mask over the boy's face, before answering.

Mirio:"(Smiling) We're the ones who should apologize."

The two then start talking, as Mirio tries to avoid causing any suspicion, while Chisaki tries to find out who they are. Eventually, Mirio tries to retreat.