21: "Search and Rescue"

UA faced a total loss. 15 minutes after the villains left, rescue workers and firefighters showed up. Out of the 40 students, 15 were in critical condition thanks to a certain villain's gas attack. 11 had injuries of varying degree, 13 got off without a scratch and... 1 was missing. Of the six pro heroes fighting, one suffered a serious injury, while another couldn't be found, leaving only a bloodstain behind. Three of the villains were arrested at the scene, with the rest vanishing without a trace.

Two days have passed since then. After awakening back then, Minato found himself bound to a metal chair, his binds made of the same kind of metal as well. No matter how much he had tried, he couldn't break neither his binds nor the chair, deciding to wait for the villains to approach him, which still hadn't happened. Nobody so much as entered the room, leaving Minato to starve for the last two days. Even so, he knew they were observing him, as the room he was kept in had 4 cameras, 1 in each corner of it. Today, however, someone came, as the door opened to show Magne and Twice. The villains picked up the chair and carried it to some sort of bar, as Minato, staying silent, looked around, seeing Toga, as well as Kurogiri and Shigaraki. The two villains carefully put the chair by the counter of the bar, with Minato facing Shigaraki, before moving to stand wherever they saw fit. Shigaraki slowly turns to face Minato, before speaking.

Shigaraki:"Let's get down to business, Minato Amamiya. Why don't you join us?"

Minato:"(Serious) I refuse!"

As he hears the answer, Shigaraki grabs a remote and turns the bar's tv, as it starts showing, as the announcer called it, "UA high school's apology press conference". Aizawa, Vlad and Nezu were seen, apologizing for being unprepared and negligent in defending against the villains. Minato stopped paying attention after that. Shigaraki started talking again.

Shigaraki:"It's pretty weird if you ask me. Why are they criticizing the heroes, huh!? Their only crime was doing too little, too late! It's their job to protect people, but everyone screws up now and then, right!? Why are people expecting them to be perfect!? Heroes sure have it rough, I'd say. Aren't I right, Amamiya? The moment protecting people started coming with a paycheck, heroes stopped being heroes. Stain taught us that! Save someone and you get money and fame. Sounds weird to me. And in this society where the precious rules are everything... the people aren't cheering for the heroes, telling them to fight another day. They're blaming them. Our war is based on a few simple questions. What is a hero? What is justice? Is this what society is supposed to be like? Once we get people thinking about this stuff, we'll have won. So, what do you think? Everyone here has a different story to tell, but we've all suffered... thanks to other people. Thanks to rules. Thanks to heroes. And, from what I'm told, you, better than anyone, should know..."

The villain pays attention to Minato, looking for a reaction, only to be surprised by the boy chuckling.

Minato:"(Stops chuckling) Quite the amusing speech. Don't get me wrong, I believe you have suffered, but from the looks of you all, I'd say you don't understand my past very well. Tell me, Shigaraki, do they know?"

As he asked the question, Minato gestured with his head towards the rest of the villains.

Shigaraki:"We all know about what you suffered when you were younger."

Minato:"(Angry) No, you don't. Or else, my suffering would definitely not be the first thing you mention, nor the only one."

The villains look at the boy with confusion lacing their faces.

Shigaraki:"(Confused) What do you mean?"

Minato:"(Angry) Tell me, was it your "Sensei" who told you to starve me these last two days, or was it your idea?"