Chapter 5. Another Side

Start from the beginning

        My glare hardened at that. I didn't understand his reason for being here, and I didn't understand why he was acting like he somewhat cared. It was starting to get annoying, actually. 

        "What happened?" He asked, making me stare at him in confusion. He averted my burning gaze. "Ya know, to make you this way." He continued, and I gave him a deadpan looked. He sighed. "Are you selectively mute, or mute by force?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.

        What is up with this boy and asking all these stupid questions. Instead of answering him, I looked back down at my biology homework. A few minutes later, I felt his presence right next to me. "Oh, that's easy." He chuckled, and I whipped my head over to him so fast you would've thought I got whiplash. My eyes widened in disbelief, and this time, he was the one to roll his eyes at me. "Please, just because I'm a popular guy, doesn't make me stupid. I am in a lot of your AP classes," he pointed out. I blinked my eyes, disbelief still etching across my face. 

        His eyes sparkled for a moment, his lips twitching up into a small smile. His perfect strands of golden brown hair stuck up in different directions, as if he had been running his hands through them multiple times. It was so weird seeing him like this. I was so used to looking at his seemingly perfect body, perfect hair, perfect eyes, perfect... everything. Everything about Luke Carter was simply perfection, as if the God Himself created Luke with no flaws whatsoever. I shook my head, chastising myself for thinking such thoughts. 

        Perfection didn't exist. Perfection wasn't real. Perfection wasn't Luke. I wouldn't lie, Luke was a very attractive male, but I never let him get the best of me.        

        "I could help you if you want. I don't have to be home for awhile." Luke cut through my thoughts again, and I glanced at the clock that was rested on my nightstand.         

        The numbers 7:29PM stared back at me in blue neon letters. Than, I looked back over to him and shrugged, nodding my head. 

        He grinned at me, before taking the paper out of my hands and scanning it. Then, he took my pencil and began writing on the paper, his eyebrows crinkling together in concentration. My teeth sunk into my lower lip as I watched Luke Carter, something I never thought I'd say, do my homework for me.         

        Ten minutes later, he looked back at me and smirked. "Finished." He said simply, returning my paper and pencil. I let my eyes scan the paper before me, and made sure to read every word he put down. Everything seemed right, and I even understood. A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "How about we make a deal?" He asked, and I looked up at him, suspicion mixing in my eyes.

        When he saw my expression, he went on. "I come over every other day to help you with homework, and after every session, you answer one of my questions. But," he said before I could interject, "I want you to write your answer on a piece of paper. Deal?" He asked, holding out his hand. 

        I stared at the hand before me for a long moment, simply glaring at the object before. Finally, I heaved a sigh, and wrapped my hand around his own, gripping onto it. He shook our enclosed hands, and I was wondering if I had made a deal with the Devil himself. 

    Sorry it took so long and sorry it's so short. The end of third quarter is coming close and I need to study for everything! Anywho, I hope you like it, and vote and comment and all of that. 

        Also, I would like it if you scrolled down and read the poem/small rap I made. Feel free to give me some comments on it, too. Thanks. 

Trigger Warning: It's a tad bit sad 

"Story 'bout a Girl and a Boy"

Now, ya see, I once knew this girl