2

Time kept passing, he kept finding more kids. He found them being abused, hunted, starving, scared, and brought them back to his cave. Occasionally he would have to frighten off another demon who smelled his kids, he never let them leave without scars to show for it. Killua was walking back to his cave with a few rabbits when he smelled an adult. Killua's ears flattened and he ran faster, only to see a man with brown hair and yellow eyes at the mouth of the cave. He snarled, and the man turned with a horrified expression. "D-Demon!" he tackled the man, sinking his fangs into his leg. Not very good, but he touched my kids! A few of the children murmured and he heard shuffling, Killua made sure to drag him away to eat. Something that he had come to notice, was that he had gotten more protective the more children he had in his cave.

Once he was done he gathered the rabbits and walked in. "Big brother!" they cheered, and Killua smiled as his tail flicked back and forth. "Big brother!" Nikoto said, running over. He was the oldest, and Killua had taught him what to do when he was away like cooking and even hunting. "Nikoto" He held out a knife and passed over a rabbit. "help" he nodded, then started skinning. Killua did it with his claws, then shoved the rabbit on a stick and put it over the fire. Nikoto copied him and he ruffled his hair, "Good job" one of the other kids, his name was Lino, walked over. "big brother snuggle time?" he smiled over at her. "ok, Nikoto watch" he nodded, and Killua flopped down on the ground. He transformed into an enormous mountain lion and the kids giggled and laughed, piling on him and snuggling into his fur. Killua licked a few of them, feeling warm inside. Mine. All mine. There were eight of them, five months had passed and he had eight children. His family kept growing, and Killua felt the urge to protect them no matter the cost. Shino, Mika, Lino, Nikoto, Kinjo, Hazi, Grena, and Vish. "Big brother!" he looked over at Nikoto, who was finished cooking all four rabbits. He gently shoved Mika off his leg and Shino off his side. A few of the others tumbled off as well as he transformed back into his normal form. "Dinner" Hanzi and Grena sat next to each other, Vish, Mika, and Lino grouped up. Kinjo, Shino, and Nikoto gathered in another huddle. Hazi was the youngest at 2, and Nikoto was the oldest at 7. He made sure the youngest ate first, then moved on.

None of them ever got greedy, they ate a little less then there fill then passed it on to the next person. With 8 children it was hard to feed everyone, after one rotation had gone around if there was still anything left it was fair game. He watched his kids eat with a slight curl in his tail. Eat children, get stronger. He couldn't understand why he had saved them, let alone kept them. But they were his now, and anyone who tried to steal or harm them would die a slow painful death. "Big brother not hungry?" Mika asked. Mika was a small 6 year old with brown hair and pale green eyes. He shook his head. "Big brother ate" He couldn't tell them that he ate humans, it would be bad. But Mika frowned and offered him a small shred of rabbit, "No eat until big brother does!" she said loudly. Everybody stopped and looked at him, then Killua sighed. "Alright" he took the rabbit shred from her and placed it in his mouth, it tasted neither good nor bad. "full now, keep eating" he said, patting her head with a smile. Mika nodded, then resumed eating. Killua noticed that Vish, a 3 year old with short brown hair and blue eyes, was nodding off. He gently lifted him with his tail and carried him over to the sleeping area. Said area was a 3 meter long and half meter deep dent in the cave. It was covered in furs and feathers for maximum comfort. Killua set Vish down and nuzzled his head, "Goodnight"

When he walked back out, more of them were dozing off. Nikoto and Kinjo were the only ones who were still wide awake. He knew he shouldn't pick favorites, but they were the ones he had the closest bond with. "Big brother we wants to ask something" Kinjo said, he flicked his tail in acknowledgement. "Later" Killua walked over to Hazi and Grena, scooping one into each arm. He made two more trips, then eventually walked back out to just Kinjo and Nikoto. "Yes?" Nikoto pointed outside, "can we go hunting?" Kinjo nodded. "yeah!" he thought for a moment. Not both. He flicked his tail resting a hand on each of their heads. "One at a time" he ruffled Nikoto's hair. "Kinjo tomorrow" She huffed. "Better go tomorrow!" he couldn't help smiling a little. "will, now watch siblings" Kinjo nodded, then went to the sleeping area. Killua looked outside and judged the time by how high the moon was, he'd been getting good at that. 9:30, Nikoto sleep by 11. 1 hour 30 minutes. That seemed like a suitable amount of time, so he nodded. "grab your knife" Nikoto's eyes gleamed and he quickly grabbed his knife. He had assigned each kid a knife, although only Nikoto and Shino were allowed to use them with free access. The others hadn't quite yet proven that they could use it properly. He shifted into a white cat again, then Nikoto followed him out of the cave. He sniffed the air, then pushed his senses out. Nikoto, trees, bushes, there. He had sensed a large deer 50 meters away. Killua flicked his tailtip sideways, and Nikoto nodded as he dropped back a few meters.