However, Nicholas was her son. And Aunt Sabel's son, surely knew how to deal with Aunt Sabel.

'Enough! Get her!' The twenty three year old commanded his guards. They hesitated.

'I said.' He repeated, a voice full of suppressed rage, 'Arrest Queen-mother Sabel!'

Queen Mother. Not Queen.

The guards moved a bit, Aunt Sabel shrieked, 'No! I am the Queen! Don't you dare move another inch!' But the guards didn't stop.

'Ah, Mother - I forgot to inform you - the throne has been passed.' Nicholas meanwhile explained, 'The Queen of Ethoris need not look into the affairs anymore. Her son - is quite ready to shoulder kingship. Which means - guards, do your duty.'

Aunt Sabel stared at her son - then at Alexandra, 'I...' she shook, 'I had never thought that you would betray me for this woman! I disown you! You are no son of mine!' She bellowed, spraying the whole Cell with spit.

'That is good, Mo- ah... Sabel. That is rather good,' Nicholas confessed. 'So, I do not need to offer you any special treatment in prison. This is the final time I am telling you this - guards, arrest her!'

Aunt Sabel looked like somebody had set fire to her hair - utterly terrifying. As though any second now, she would explode. But as the guards all encircled her, she let her arms fall to her side, for once, not having enough courage, 'You will pay for this - you all will pay for this!' She simply cursed, allowing the guards to take her.

'Put her in the highest security cell!' Nicholas ordered, 'And-' he began, looking like he had forgotten that a tied-up cousin of his existed in the corner. Just then, interruption appeared in the form of a panting messenger.

'Sir! My Lord!' He cried, skidding to a halt outside the cellar and holding the bars with his hand for support, bending over and panting.

'What is it?' Nicholas asked - looking rather at ease - as though half-dead-from-exhaustion messengers was something he saw each day.

'Where is the Queen, Sir?!' The messenger implored, almost slamming his head on the bars - sweat dripping from his hairline. Alexandra knew something was terribly wrong - even if Nicholas didn't seem to think so. Messengers were not so different from spies after all. She could read that expression well, it was the expression she would have if she had to inform of a disaster.

'Charged and imprisoned.' Nicholas informed him, 'You tell me what is the problem. And don't stand there and bray like a donkey. Tell me!' He added - with just a trace of impatience.

'Sir-' the messenger managed - not looking concerned about the imprisonment of Aunt Sabel - as he stopped panting. 'By ten at night - a whole army had gathered right beyond the borders of Montrosky - we decided to wait for orders, because the troops were peaceful... but now - they are barging in! The commander needs your orders right away Sir, should we battle?!'

'What?! Army?! Whose army? Who's leading it?' Nicholas asked - all impatience disappearing; only to be replaced by anxiety. Evidently, he was not expecting an attack, now. Alexandra herself was stupefied... only one army could dare to take up on Ethoris. The Idgardian one ... and still, that Liam would do something like it...

'It is King Austin sir, he desires revenge! Vedessan troops are helping him with it - which is the main cause of our worry!'

Austin? How? And why would the Vedessan troops help him?!

Nicholas, for his part, too looked dumbstruck. But he pulled himself together. 'Tell the commander he has my orders, lead the troops in, get them ready. But do not attack. I will first talk to the King. We've all been set up against each other.'