I dunno what to call this?

So, for school, we are re-writing part of a story, (Lockie Leonard, Human Torpedo) and I though I may as well give you guys some content. You don't need to know context, I just thought it was fun and to show you guys.

I honestly don't think anyone will recognise the story, and if they do, it will be some Aussie kids.

So, without further ado, I present 'A Pretty Cheery Scene' re-write! (Viki Streeton POV)

  I just sat there, thinking. I did that every night since we had broken up. I'd sit there, just about overthinking everything. And then, I would get up, grab some paper, and start writing.

  I would pour my to those letters. I wrote about how I was with those idiot bogans to show my parents I could associate with whomever I wanted, however I so chose. How I didn't want to lose him.

  And then, each night, I would tell my parents that I was leaving, then walk through the swamp, to the Leonard's house.

  I would slip the letter under their doorstep, and leave, before anyone noticed.

  Lockie never mentioned them. He never acknowledged me.  It was driving me mad. 

  Tonight, I was staring at the blank paper in front of me. He probably didn't even read them.

  I pushed my chair up against the wall. I strode out of my room, heading outside. I passed Mum on my way-yelling that I'd be gone for  a while. We needed to talk.

  I made my way to the Leonard's, wondering what I'd say. 'Why didn't you respond to my letters'? Perhaps 'Are you going to camp?' or , maybe, just wing it? The last one sounded best. Just don't think about it until you have to.

  In no time at all, I reached the swamp. I could see the Leonard's house over the hill. It started spitting the moment she left the 'rich' part of town, why hadn't she brought an umbrella?

  Soaked to the bone, I walked to their house, and knocked on their door thrice.

  "That'll be one of my least brain-dead constables coming to ask me how to spell 'Breaking and Entering'. Said a man from inside. Presumably Lockie's Dad, the Sarge. "Hop up and see, will you, Lock."

  I heard Lockie walk up to the doorway, my heart pounding, until the door swung open.

  "What are you doing here?"

  "Standing in the rain, waiting to be let in." I reply flippantly.

  "Well . . . come in then."

  I walked inside, dripping water over the purple tiles. Ugh. I could hear the frogs belting outside. 

  "You better come in by the fire." Lockie said. He was very clearly screaming internally.  "Everyone, this is Viki. Viki, this is everyone."

  "Hello."

  "Hi."

  "Hello, Viki."

  "You're the one he loves." Said Philip, matter-of-factly. Lockie told me about how he still wets the bed. Child.

  "Philip!" Lockie groaned. He didn't like that . . .

  "You're all wet, love." said Mrs. Leonard. "Stand by the stove.  Lockie, get Viki a towel from the linen press."

  "You like a cuppa? asked Mr. Leonard. "Or Philip'll fix you a Milo."

  "No thanks, I'm fine. I just came by for a word with Lachlan Robert Louis Stevenson Leonard."

  Philip cracked up at that.

 "You must know him pretty well, then, if he let you know his whole name." said Mrs. Leonard. "he doesn't exactly spread that around."

  "It's a perfectly decent name." defended Mr. Leonard.

  "It's exotic, that's for sure." I said.

  "You read books, Viki?"

  "yes, sir."

  "Don't call me sir. he grinned. "Call me Sarge."

  "Yes, Sarge."

  "I read Treasure Island and Kidnapped when I was a kid, back on the farm. It changed me life. Once you've read a book, once you've experienced it, and no-one can take that experience away from you. It's the bee's flamin' knees as far as I'm concerned."

  "Don't mind him," Said Lockie, appearing with a towel, "We lock him up at night to keep the town safe."

  "You're just like him, Lockie."

  "That's true enough." added Mrs. Leonard.

  "I just came to see if Lokie'd be at camp next week."

  "He'll be there." answered Sarge. "Right, Son?" Lockie let out a feeble 'ahhh' at that.

  So, what do we think? 

I reckon Sarge was right about the books. If you need any help understanding any of the true-blue Aussie words, ask! I can explain these things!

  I love Viki's character so much! I can also explain things about the book if you so wish!

 I'm struggling to write the next chapter, I'm having severe writers block, but ah well.

I saw my great-grandfather for the last time today, so I'm not very happy rn. Hopefully I can use the escapism of writing? Idk.

  Ily all, go eat, hydrate, take pills, idk what else, see you next chapter!