Chapter 26

——— New Besties ———
As today was the day we're Aidan would be out all day, he set me up to go and see someone I hadn't seen before. I went into the shower and washed my hair so it was smooth and shiny. While I was in my towel, I brushed my hair and my teeth. While changing into a white summer dress and white sandals, I thought of who this mystery person might be. He had been talking about some of the mods that came onto his live, maybe Raven? (Btw, Raven is a QUEEN)But she lived in England so she couldn't have flown all the way to Toronto just to see me.

I pulled up Instagram onto my inbox and looked at the new comments on my latest post about finishing filming for S2. I looked through various comments; most of them saying 'I'm so excited!' And 'OMG I'M SO READY!!'. I noticed one by TrinityRoseOfficial that said "Now that you're finished we can finally meet! See you on Saturday!"

Today was a Saturday, so that meant that I was going to see her today! After finishing putting on my 'no-makeup' makeup, I walked into Aidan's room, as he had left his door open so we could walk in and out while we packed and got ready for the day. "I know who I'm meeting today!!" I said, bursting into his room and hugging him. "Good to see you too, and how?" He said pulling out of it to meet eyes with me. "Well, Trinity commented on my post saying that she was going to see me today, so..." I smiled at him, knowing I had cracked it.

"Fine, you got it. I told Trinity not to reveal anything! Well at least your happy to meet her." He gave me a quick kiss on the nose and told me to meet him outside. As much as I was nervous to meet this pink haired character, I was so excited at the same time. A new friend!

——— time skip two hours ———

There me and Trinity were, jumping to the beats of my favourite band (you can decide which one, or a solo singer if you want) and laughing and singing along. It was crazy to think how we both loved the same music as each other, Aidan really knew me.

"Hey, do you wanna go and get something to eat?" Said Trinity, smiling as we came out of the dark arena. "Sure, let me just call Aidan to tell him where we are." I said, smiling back to her while pulling my phone out of my bag. "Ok, I'll be in the bathroom if you need me" Trinity said, walking in the direction of the line to the women's bathroom. There was always a line at the women's bathroom. People really need to fix that.

I started to open up the phone app when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun around and was met with a big, tall man. He didn't look to menacing, but I was still scared at that moment. I was picked up off the ground and set in a black car on the curb.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" I asked. No-one replied. In my mind I said a short prayer saying to Aidan that I loved him and all of my friends and family.

A long car ride later, we stopped in front of a field. I would've have thought that this is where we would've stopped, but the man that picked me up opened my door and gave me a hand down. This sudden change in feeling of the man threw me off guard, so I said thank you, like he didn't just kidnap me and bring me to a field. After I walked to the edge of the dust road, the man got back in the car and drove away.

I looked around. In the distance I saw tiny flickering lights, so I walked towards them. "Hey-" I heard a voice behind me so I spun around and punched the guy in the stomach.
Only later did I realise, it was Aidan who said hey. He stood hunched over, clutching his stomach. "OMG AIDAN! I am so SO sorry!" I said ducking so I could see his head. I felt terrible. "Don't sweat it, y/n. Probably wasn't the best idea to get you fake-kidnapped here" he groaned, putting himself upright again. I tried to help him walk, but he didn't need it. He walked me down the field calmly, towards the flickering lights.

What I was met with knocked the air out of my lungs, but not as much as I had just done to Aidan.

Around the lights were flowers or all different colours. I could see Lily's, primroses, tulips, roses... and they were all in different recycled jars. In the middle was a blanket, a lantern like tangled's and a small box. I sat down on one side of the blanket.

"Now, I know it's a bit early for this but..." Aidan said planting himself next to me and picking up the small box. He opened it. Inside was a small silver ring, with a Red Ruby in the middle. Wrapped around the Ruby were thin strips of silver. The candles around us made the jewel turn all different shades of Red. "Aidan! Are you crazy?! We're too young to get married!!" I said, shocked at the ring. It must have cost him a fortune. "What? No! That's not what this is," he exclaimed, smiling "this is a promise ring, to say I'll never leave you."

I looked at the ring then at him, and then at the ring again. "I know it's cheesy, but I think it's cute" he said, staring at me with his emerald eyes. "Well, it is. So you thought correctly." I slid the ring on my right ring finger, as I wasn't getting engaged to him. I kissed him softly and looked back down at it. "It's beautiful. But how did you get it? It must have cost a fortune!" I said. He shrugged "I know someone" "ok that sounded creepy" I said, laughing.

"Ok, let's light this lantern!" He said, jumping to his feet and offering a hand for me to take. I grabbed the lantern and his hand. I stretched the lantern out and placed an unlit tea light candle on a little platform at the bottom. He got out a lighter from his pocket and lit the candle. Without letting it go, he held underneath my hands. We looked at each other and then let it go soaring into the sky.

"Hey, y/n" Aidan whispered, still watching the lantern. "Yes, Aidan?" I said, turning to him. "You know how I wrote Blue Neon about a dream I had about a girl?" He said, meeting my eyes. "Yeah, of course." I held his hands in mine. "Well I'm believing that girl was you" He said edging closer to me. "I had a dream about that too" I said, our lips almost touching, heads rested against each other's. "Oh yeah?" Aidan said. I think he knew what was going to happen. "It was you as well."

——————————————————
And that's the end! I hope you guys liked it, might be changing it in the future as I felt it was a little rushed but I just wanted to get the ending out to you guys after you've shown this story so much love.

After watching ready player one 3 years late, I've decided I'm going to do a Parzival x reader book. If you guys haven't watched ready player one, PLEASE DO! It's on Amazon Video and it's absolutely incredible! (Parzival is HAWT as well😂😏) So I'll start writing that as soon as possible.

Love you guys so much! Peace out!
Ruby Xxx