Damian's Decision

"He's staying." Damian said, as he placed Jack behind him.

"Damian, we have no-"

"I'm making the choice. He's staying." Damian reiterated. "We'll have the paperwork in 2 days." He said, coldly at both Sarah and Chris. "Come on, Jack." He said, as he led Jack back, both making their way up the massive stair case. "Pennyworth, please take Jack's suitcase back up, please." he requested.

"Of course, Master Damian." Alfred replied, as he picked up the suitcases and followed Damian up the stairs.

"What...?" Chris and Sarah asked in unison as they stared at Bruce.

"Hmm..." Bruce simply said. "Follow me." He said as he looked to the two child services employees, as they all headed outside. 

Jack's Room...

Damian led the crying Jack into his room, as he laid him into bed. 

"Calm down, Jack..." Damian ordered. "You're not going anywhere." 

"D-Dami..." Jack whimpered. 

"Rest, Jack." Damian commanded. 

"Where shall I put these, Master Damian?" Alfred asked, as he graciously came in with the bags.

"Just leave them there... I'll unpack it myself." Damian said, calmly. "Thank you, Pennyworth."

"Of course, young sir." Alfred nodded, as he placed the two bags down, and left the room. 

Meanwhile... Outside the Manor...

"So... I guess that means..." Chris began as his voice began to change as well as his body. His skin, morphing to green. "The boy's staying..." He said.

"Thank you for agreeing to do this. J'onn... M'gann." Bruce said, as Chris slowly transferred to J'onn and Sarah transformed into M'gann. 

"Of course." J'onn nodded, as well as M'gann. "We are glad to be of help."

"Any luck on Damian?" Bruce raised a brow.

"Reading his mind... is challenging." J'onn admitted. "But he did want for Jack to stay." 

"I know." Bruce nodded. "I just wanted him more to be upfront and be open to his emotions. Hopefully... this can teach him." 

Jack's room...

Damian had been unpacking Jack's clothes and neatly tidying them in his walk-in closet. After tidying the clothes, he went back outside, to find that Jack had indeed fallen asleep, as he approached the boy on the bed. 

"Don't be alone... huh?" Damian asked himself, as he stared at Jack's face. He had miraculously healed through most of his injuries, with only his broken arm, bruises and cuts on the face remaining. "Was that for me... or for him?" He continued to question, before completely letting out a deep sigh, simply walking to outside of his room, turning left, walking through the hallway, before emerging to the huge staircase which led downstairs where the front door was. Damian made his way down, as he saw the door open, with Bruce emerging, making Damian stop in his tracks.

"Damian." Bruce called.

"Have they left, Father?" Damian asked.

"We're going to have to hire the best lawyers to successfully officially take Jack into our custody." Bruce sighed. "What happened? Why the change of heart?" He raised a brow. 

"I..." Damian struggled as he tried his best to figure out the words as his eyes looked away from Bruce. "I... felt... needed." He simply reasoned as he turned around, and walked upstairs.