Chapter 13: I want to live!

"Whatcha doing out here Ace? I know you're like made of fire and all that but I mean it's SNOWING, how are you not cold?" I look at him confused while rubbing my arms up and down to warm up.

"Just came out to think and clear my head a little. And nah the snow doesn't bother me. I mean like you said I'm made out of fire." He chuckled, coming closer to me so I can warm up a bit.

"So what are you thinking about then?" I question him.

"Nothing, just... stuff." He said plainly, 'Damn he's easy to read.'

"Have you ever met him?"

"Who?" Ace raises an eyebrow.

"Rodger. You know your dad. Because last time I checked you were still in the womb when he died." I said calmly.

"Please don't say his name." Ace said trying to keep his composure.

"Why not? I mean sure you've heard about him and I agree if I heard those stories of him I'd hate him to. But you never met him, did you? And the stories you heard are from people who were jealous of him. They wanted him dead so they could have the one piece. They haven't met him them self so they must've heard it from other people. Then the story got twisted. Believe me Ace if you met him you wouldn't hate him." I showed all my teeth giving Ace the biggest smile I could show.

"How can you be so sure of that?" Ace said looking away to his feet.

I grabbed hold of his hand. "Because he would've raised you to know better than to listen to those shitty stories. I mean sure they are based off of real stories but," I paused.

"But what?"

"But, like I said before. The stories have gotten twisted. Trust me. Ask all the older prates that fought him, they are still alive right? So that means he didn't kill them. Right? I mean look at Luffy he wants to become pirate king but he isn't killing anyone. In fact I bet he hasn't even killed a fly." I laughed out, then smiled looking at the sun setting across the horizon.

"Don't compare my innocent little brother to my monster of a father." Ace spat. "Heck he isn't even my father."

"I'm just saying that he is following in his footsteps Ace. Luffy and Rodger have done the same thing. Defeat them, don't kill them, let them live on and grow, heck maybe let fight you again if they get stronger." I stared into Ace's eyes hoping he'd understand.

"That still doesn't change the fact that I have that monsters blood." Ace looked away from me in shame.

"Of course it doesn't! I mean you are his son after all, right? And the blood in a person doesn't make them who they are. It's the people they met and the adventures they take, that define who they are. And you know what Ace."

"What?"

"I am thankful to your father." I gave him a small smile with red tinting my cheeks.

"What? Why? How could you be thankful to that monster." Ace started to get angry and stood up making me lose the grip on his hands.

"Because if it wasn't for him. I wouldn't have met the man of my dreams, now would I?" That calmed Ace down enough that he sat next to me again.

"You would've met someone else." he muttered.

"Yeah I would've. But they wouldn't be you. Sure I could've fallen in love with someone else, but a piece of my heart would still be missing." I clutched my chest right above my heart as it started to beat faster.

"You don't know that." Ace said coldly.

"But I do!" I yelled. "That's the thing. I can't image my life without you. You are the greatest thing to happen to me. So I am forever in your fathers dept. For helping make such an amazing man. "I shouldn't even be alive, why are you saying you are forever in his dept.?"

I slapped Ace across the face making his eye's widened. "Man you really are stupid. I love you Ace and don't say you shouldn't be alive, because me, the whitebeard pirates, even pops, and the strawhat's, including Luffy and don't forget Sabo would be so lost without you. Without our flame of hope. I hope you understand one day, just how much you mean to everyone around you. And how your death would change everything for the worst. So I need you to do one thing for me Ace."

".....What?"

"Say you want to live. Scream it at the top of your lungs." I said, grabbing hold oh both his hands and looking into his eyes.

Ace blushed and looked away. "I'm not doing that." He whispered.

"Do it now. Come on Ace, do it for me." I beamed.

Ace looked at me then looked away again before gaining the courage to yell. "I-I WANT TO LIVE!"

I gave him a big smile followed by a bear hug. "See was it that hard?" I kissed his cheek.

"I hope you know you owe me for saying that." He smirked.

I raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "Oh? What do you want? I'll give you anything."

"Really?" He smirked. "Then I want you." He said before nuzzling his head into the side of my neck. I could feel his hot breath as it tickled me.

"You dork. I'm already yours." I laughed.

Two chapters today after not posting in years??? Look at me go!
And look at you makin Ace feel better about his dad. Goodjob! I'll see you next time yeah?
~ Linkle :^)

(edited)