Chapter 4: The Meeting

I decided that I would stop at this island to get some food and then continue flying till I got to my destination.

*Angry stomach noise*

I hit my stomach. "Shut up you stupid organs, I'm going to get some food in a few minutes." I said rubbing my tummy.

I stopped a tavern while I was still up in the sky so I do a swan dive down and land on the ground spiderman style and walk in. I saw everyone just staring at this table in the corner which has sat one guy, I stared at him for a second before his eyes met mine.

As soon as our eyes met I knew exactly who he was. That jet black hair. His cute little freckles scattered under his beautiful black eyes. His well-built body and of course, that orange cowboy hat. I tried my best not to blush, thank god I didn't. I looked away quickly and made my way over to the bar.

"Hey there barkeep, you got anything that will keep my up for a while?" I asked.

"Hahaha sure thing sweets." I cringed back a bit. "Why do you need to stay up so late?"

"Oh y'know traveling the sea's is a bit tough when you're by yourself. So I need to stay awake otherwise I might crash into something and that won't be good." You laughed

"Oh wait hang on a second your Fire Bolt Y/N ain't ya?" He asked.

"Hehehe, yessir!" I said giggling. "You ain't gone try and turn me in now?"

"Haha I wouldn't dare your bounties pretty high considering your a rooky."

"They must've seen my talent and freaked out." I bragged. The barkeep gives you a drink.

"Here you go sweetie something to keep you up for a while." He said.

"Oh thanks mate, cheers" I raise my glass and take a sip. "This is so good!" I said immediately wanting to take it back as it made me feel like passing out.

"I've heard about you running away when people server you, that true?" He asked raising an eyebrow while he cleaned a glass.

"Hehe sure is, but since this tasked so great I'll pay you!" I lied trying to smile.

"Thank you." He said smiling. You paid him and quickly tried to leave, but you couldn't walk that fast without your head spinning.

--------------------------------

I blink my eyes to adjust them to the light and see a figure in the room next to me. "W-who are you?" I ask trying to sit up, but I got pushed back.

"You need to stay still for a bit, your still not fully healed yet. Also, my name is Portgas. D. Ace." He said smiling at me.

"O-oh so you Fire Fist Ace, huh?" I grinned from the side a little.

"Indeed I am, and your FireBolt Y/N I presume?"

"I didn't expect someone as famous as yourself to know of someone such as myself." I mocked.

"Well, you are probably all the talk right now considering your the first person from this generation to get such a high bounty as their first. I was kinda surprised at how easy-going you are." He chuckled.

"I was kind of surprised myself that they raised it so high but I'm not complaining" I boasted. "Right I best be off, wait where's my stuff??"

"Oh, it's over there." He points next to you.

"Thank you." I say as my pick up my things. "I am now indebted to you Mr. cowboy hat, I hope I can repay you one day."

I start to walk out the door when he grabs my wrist. "Well if that's how you feel, why don't you join the Whitebeard pirates? I'm sure pops would love to have someone like you on the crew."

"Uhh, I don't know I like doing things solo." I answered him. He let go of my wrist to scratch the back of his neck.

"I understand how you feel I used to be captain of my own crew, the Spade pirates is what we were called. Then pops found me and asked me to join, I said no at first and sat at the sit of the side of the ship and scared away anyone who came near me then I got to know them and now they are my family. Looking back at it joining Whitebeard was the best thing I did. So I understand that you want to do this yourself and you still can but this time you'll have people to back you up if you need it." Ace explained to you.

"I mean when you put it like that it doesn't sound all bad, maybe, only because this is what you want me to do to repay you!" I exclaimed. "And I am a girl of my word."

"Alright then let's go." He grabbed my hand holding it firmly and yanked me in the direction of his boat. "Since you can fly and my boat is only for one person why don't you follow me?"

This chapter so fun to write cuz I got to add Ace in. I hope you enjoyed it! :)

(edited)