.:{~Chapter Eight~}:.

-----.:{~One Day Later~}:.-----
        Ever since Midnight had that dream, he's been even more quiet than usual, and Terri took notice of it. While they ate the rabbits from their recent hunt, Terri finally asked him about it; "Midnight. You've been extremely quiet ever since I told you about the legend of the origins of the wolf packs, did something shock you or disturb you?" She asked. Midnight shook his head, muttering a small 'no' before ripping a small chunk of meat from his rabbit. "Then why don't you tell me why you're being so quiet?" She asked, Midnight looked from his meal to Terri before sighing lightly, "Because it's difficult to explain, and I have a feeling even if I tried to explain you wouldn't understand." He responded, making Terri huff. "Males are so difficult to understand." Midnight chuckled at that. 'It's usually the females that are complicated.' Midnight thought. After thy finished eating they continued on their way to the StarSouls territory. "If we run at break neck speed we should get there by twilight." Terri said, quickening her speed so she was now sprinting. Midnight sighed before sprinting after Terri. 'I haven't gotten this much exercise since P.E. in high school.' He thought, remembering back before he turned into a wolf.

        Just as the sun was dipping behind the mountains in the distance, Terri and Midnight heard the howls of a pack not too far away, infact, just one mile ahead of them. "There they are Midnight, now leave me to speak to the Alpha, I know exactly what to say to him." Terri said just as they reached the StarSouls' territory. When they got there, the pack was very lively, there was a lot of talking and laughing. As they were walking to what looked like the alpha's den, a group of pups came running, going under Midnight's legs, giggling as they did. Midnight chuckled at their cute antics but stopped when Terri turned to him. "You stay here, I'll talk to Alpha Shiranui." She said before entering the den. Midnight huffed as he sat down. 'Why did I even come here if I would of just been told to sit and stay....' He thought as he stared at the ground. He then heard several footsteps come up to him. He looked up to see a rather short sized wolf with a brownish tawny pelt and grayish brown eyes, "Hello there. Never seen you before, you new here?" The wolf asked. "No, I'm from the StarHeart pack, Terri and I came to speak with the Alpha, Terri's speaking to the Alpha right now." Midnight jestered towards the den entrance in which the male looked into, seeing the cream pelted female. "Oh I see, you and your mate moving from StarHeart to StarSouls? Can't say I blame you really, my friend and I moved from there not too long ago, poor place had been in a sad state ever since Alphess Kiche died." The small male said. Midnight could feel his face growing extremely hot when he heard Terri was called his "mate". "NONONONONO, you've got it all wrong!" He shouted, waving his paw furiously. "She's not my mate." Midnight yelled, causing the small male to snicker, "Oi, I thought not, Terri's got too much of an attitude to settle down just yet; oh by the way I haven't introduced myself yet, my name is Kyle." The small male, now known as Kyle said. "My name's Midnight, nice to meet you Kyle." Midnight said, calming down, his face cooling too.

        "Kyle!" A feminine voice called. Midnight and Kyle turned towards the direction of the voice. "Oh that must be Theresa. Oi, over here Theresa!" He called towards the voice. A female then trotted up to Kyle and Midnight. Midnight's eyes widened as he looked up at the female. Yes, up. 'Oh my God! She's the size of a Great Dane! Probably even bigger than one.' "Oi, I already know that you're thinking, she's a tall one." Theresa's brown thick fur that seemed a little wavy. Across her face, mostly on the bridge of her snout were tiny black spots that looked like freckles, and her eyes had a hazel color with what looked like tinted green. "My dad was a Great Dane and my mom was a wolf, but when I was born I had more wolf features and grew up with my father's size." Theresa said. 'Hmm, I was right.... weird, I'm never right.' Midnight thought. "Eh, why did you need to speak to the Alpha anyways?" Kyle asked. "Oh, we'll our Alpha wanted us to deliver a message to him." Midnight answered. "Oh, I see, and Terri's speaking to him now right?" Theresa asked. Midnight nodded

         "Midnight, I spoke to the Alpha, it's time for us to head back to our territory." Midnight's ears perked at the sound of Terri's voice. He turned to see Terri and an old male with a pure white pelt walking towards them. "It will be nice to see an old friend." Midnight heard the old male mutter. "Uh right." Midnight said as he stood, he turned to his new friends; "I'll see you two soon, my pack will be coming here for the winter." He told them. "Oh, you mean The Moons of the Cold?" Theresa asked. "Wolves don't call the season, well, seasons, they call them moons; I'll explain it to you later." Kyle whispered into Midnight's ear. Midnight only nodded before turning to follow Terri who was already making her way out of the pack territory. He trotted to quickly catch up to her.

         "So who were those two?" Terri asked when they got out of the territory. "Oh, just a few friends I just made." Midnight honestly answered. "Oh, making friends? That's nice, you haven't made a friend since you came here; except maybe me." Terri chuckled to herself. 'I don't know if I'd call us exactly friends, she's got quite a mood; what did my old friend back in high school call it again? Wasn't it a tsundre or something like that?' Midnight thought to himself. "Hey, Midnight didn't you hear me?" Terri's voice suddenly sounded, snapping him out of his trance. "Oh, no sorry, I was thinking of something...." he felt his face turn warm from embarrassment. "Jeez Midnight you need to pay attention." Terri said, (not to mention, with a lot of sass). 'See what I mean? Perfect example of a tsundre.' Midnight thought. "Well I said that getting home will seem quicker because of our long trip, and we won't be stopping for rest or food." She said, shocking Midnight. "What?! But I can't go several days with no food or sleep! I'll die!" He complained. "Oh come on Midnight, you're not a pup anymore, you can last without food for a bit. Besides, if we keep going we should get back by dawn next morning." Terri barked, before trotting ahead of Midnight. 'But I wasn't born a pup.' Midnight thought as he ran to catch up with Terri.

--------------------------------------------------.:{~Chapter End~}:. --------------------------------------------------
Yay~ this one felt like it took a long time to write.... oh well. Anyways; Kyle and Theresa; maaaaaaaaaaay be friends irl. Not telling ≧﹏≦. Only a certain somebodies will know~ On another note! Vocabulary~ here we go~ Tsundere: (ツンデレ ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.
What? No I didn't copy and paste.... I legit have Japanese characters on my tablet's keyboard......
One more thing. What if I called my readers.......(wait for it).............(pause for dramatic effect)........... my packmates? Good huh? Or how about my pups? Well? If you don't like these then leave suggestions in the comments, or tell me which two you like the most. (I used to call you guys duckies, but someone *points to friend* thought it was weird. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)
Now, byebye!.