,.:{~Chapter Four~}:.

It was time for the hunt now. Midnight saw as everyone got in a formation of four in a row across. Midnight, counting all the wolves, saw that there was five rows of wolves, meaning there is twenty wolves in the formation, so the alpha, Terri and him make it twenty-three. 'Quite bit of wolves say.' He thought. "Midnight". Terri's now familiar voice called from behind him. He turned to face her. "I've decided on instead of being at my usual spot in the front, I've decided to accompany you, so I can explain to you our ways." She said, circling around him so she was now in front of the formation. "Everyone, I suspect we all will do our best as usual, the sun is starting to set, so our game should be easy to catch, on my scouting tour I found an elk herd not too far out east of our territory. We'll head out when everyone is ready." She announced before returning to Midnight's side. Once she did, everyone set out east, running swiftly and quietly.

        They found the elk herd in no time, they were grazing on the edge of the forest, before the trees thinned out into a field. "Look, that bull elk is old and weak, our hunters will sense this and leave the healthy elk to continue the generations." Terri explained to Midnight as four wolves circled around on the left and the right side of the field, crouched and ready to attack. "So you only pick off the old and sick?" Midnight asked just as the four wolves attacked, jumping onto the bull and sinking their teeth into its body. "That's rights, it's pack law in every pack throughout this forest." Terri said. "I thought it was just easier to hunt the sick and old." Midnight admitted. "Yes, that too, but, killing off the ones who can reproduce could result in the elk or deer unable to populate, resulting in extinction, and no elk to hunt means we'll starve and die out too."Terri added. 'Man, if only people were this smart, maybe we would have so many extinct animals in the world." Midnight thought. The two watched as the rest of the pack brought down the bull, who had long given up, knowing he couldn'tescape.

        Once the bull went down and the rest of the herd had fled Terri walked up to the pack. "Good job everyone, just as i expected, now come on, lets get this back to the dens." She said. Two wolves bit onto the antlers of the dead elk and began to drag it back in the direction of the dens while the others followed behind.

        They returned back at the den site quickly and Alpha Taka was waiting outside of his den. He called to Midnight, who went to his side immediately. "So Midnight, do you understand how things are done?" He asked. "Yessir, I do." Midnight responded. "Good, by the way, tomorrow I am hosting a meeting with the surrounding packs' Alphas; we will be talking about any news that has been going on in the other packs. If you want, you can join and introduce yourself to the alphas and alphesses of the other packs." Taka offered. Midnight nodded, "Alright, I'll join." He agreed. "Great, now, go get some sleep, there should be a den here that isn't being used. If not, someone will let you stay with them, our packmates are very friendly." Taka said, a small smile gracing his muzzle at the thought of his cherished packmates. 'I can tell he really cares about his pack, no wonder he's alpha.' Midnight thought. "Alright, I'l do that, thanks, and good night Alpha." Midnight said before leaving. It wasn't hard to find a den not being used, seeing the den's are all linked to the alpha's main den and it had a bear pelt. Midnight layed down on the pelt, looking out of the den and seeing the dark opening of the cave, showing that the sun has now gone down, he layed his head down and closed his eyes, falling into a dreamless sleep.

--------------------------------------------------.:{~Chapter End~}:.--------------------------------------------------

FICK YEA!!!! I'mma getting into da groove of writing on my computer and on weekends, arn't you proud :D (I know a certain someone is *points to chibibuddy* you know who you are ;3) well we're only a fourth of the way through my notebook (im bad at summing up stuff like this though so I may be wrong.) BUT ANYWAYS, enjoy this chapter that I expertly typed out. (*theme song plays* Typing a lot at the speed of sound. Got chapters to write and got to publiiiish.)