36

Pansy Parkinson

"Alright Ron, take us to our friends." Potter said after we arrived at a secluded area. We all watched Weasley take the deluminator out of his pocket expectingly. I shivered as a cool breeze brushed by me. I was stupid enough to have left my hoodie in the Gryffindor common room so now I walked around in a shirt that reached just over my bellybutton. Weasley held the deluminator in front of him and stared at it for a while. Blaise folded their arms. "Well, click the damn thing!" Draco snapped. That seemed to wake Weasley from his trance. "All right, all right!" He replied angrily. I rolled my eyes. Weasley inhaled and held the deluminator in front of him once more. I glanced at Potter, who stood by confidently. Weasley closed his eyes, exhaled and clicked. I watched the deluminator as.. as nothing happened.

I raised an eyebrow. Potter frowned and ruffled through his hair. Weasley opened his eyes and realized nothing happened. "Right, the clicky-thing didn't work. What now?" Blaise asked. "No, no this is supposed to work!" Weasley shouted, staring at the deluminator. His voice echoed through the empty streets. He clicked it again, and again, with no result. "It worked last time!" He shouted angrily. He clenched his fist. I looked at Potter. He furrowed his eyebrows at me and then turned to Weasley again. "Ron, stop," He mumbled calmly. He took Weasley's arm and pushed it down. "It didn't work." Weasley looked at the ground disappointed. "Let's get back to the castle and find another way." I said.

"Give it to Pansy." Blaise said. I raised an eyebrow and turned to him. The others did too. "The deluminator?" Potter asked. Blaise nodded and looked at me. "You think that'll work?" Draco asked. "Weasley said it connected your love for each other." Blaise explained. Then they shrugged. "It's worth a try." Potter said. Everyone turned to Weasley. He frowned and glanced at the device in his hand. Then he looked up to me. He swallowed and averted his gaze again as he stepped forward. He stopped right in front of me. He took my hand, placed the deluminator and closed it. I looked at Draco for a split second. He returned the look. I frowned and turned back to Weasley. He looked up, into my eyes and sighed. "You better treat her right." He whispered. "Like you have?" I blurted out. Weasley stepped back, still staring at me. "Sorry..." I muttered. "It's fine, You're right. I've been an asshole." He said, turning away.

"Weasley." I said. Weasley exhaled and turned around again. "I'm not going to disagree with you, you've been an asshole," I said, without blinking. "You really hurt Hermione." I continued. Weasley avoided my gaze. I stepped towards him. "But I can see you've changed your mind." I crossed my arms and sighed. "Although I absolutely despise you, if Hermione ever forgives you, so will I." I said. Weasley looked up to me again and smiled faintly. "I don't think she'll forgive me, but I'll never hurt her again.." he mumbled. I nodded. "Enough with the sentiments. Are we forgetting there are lives at stake here?" Draco asked sharply. I frowned and looked at the deluminator in my hand. I guess it's worth a shot..