Chapter 11

August

Eliza sat on the bench outside the airport as she waited for Alex's flight to get in. She was waiting to surprise him, sitting on their bench, with his dark green umbrella. This was their reunion after a week apart. Alexander had a business trip and Eliza had been going against what he advised and seeing her mother for lunch every day.

=====================================

Lexi💚: hi baby, my flight just got in, I'll be home soon.

Betsy🫐: ok my love,

Lexi💚: I'm going outside to wait for a cab.

Betsy🫐: remember our bench?

Lexi💚: the one we met at after you had to go visit your aunt last year?

Betsy🫐: yea! I snuck away from my parents and we made out on that thing lol.

Lexi💚: I'm gonna go wait in that bench right now my love.

=====================================

Alex POV

I walked through the rain to me and Eliza's bench. Thanks to Eliza, The rain doesn't give me panic attacks anymore, it's only thunder and lightning that scares me. Me and Eliza's bench is blue and almost hidden through the crowd of people leaving the airport. A woman with a green umbrella sat looking at the ground on the edge of the bench. I went and put my bag down next to the bench, she had earbuds in.

"Hi, I love your umbrella." I said making small talk as I approached the bench. The woman looked up. "Eliza?"

It's Eliza!

She got up and ran to me. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. We fell into a deep kiss.

"Oh, my love, hi" I whispered and she pulled me back into a kiss.

"My Alexander..." she laughed "hi baby" I backed up to the bench and sat with her on my lap.

"Hey Betsy, hey" I whispered. she kissed me again holding my face in hers.

"How are you? Do you want food? Do you want to go home and I can let you sleep?"

"I just want you, love" she kissed me making it longer and she laughed as I pecked at her neck and face.

"My Alexander" she smiled as I playfully attacked her with little kisses "oh I've missed you so much my dear."

"Happy late three months love." I say grabbing her wait."

"Huh?"

"You've been pregnant for a little more than three months Betsy"

"Oh, yea" she said gloomily and stood up.

"What's wrong baby" I stood up and grabbed my suitcase putting my hand around her waist. " Oh my god! Eliza! The baby! Your baby bump! It's almost doubled!"

"I- mhm." Eliza said.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask

"My mom told me this isn't natural Alex. I'm not supposed to look this fat."

"Hey, baby, don't you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow? We could ask the doctor. Here," I took out my phone and downloaded one of those pregnancy apps. "Let's go to the car and look at this app. It will tell you what's supposed to be happening. Your mother is probably wrong, Eliza. She always is."

Third person POV

They got in the car and Eliza drove as Alex looked through the app filling out the information

"E-Eliza? How much do you weigh? Not that it matters my love. You're perfect anyway you are. The app just needs to know."

"I- I'm..." she took a deep breath " I'm 133"

"Eliza you've barely gained ten pounds!"

"I know"

"Liza that is perfectly normal, you are actually at the normal weight now. It's actually really good! You aren't underweight anymore."

"Wait really?"

"Yea babe, It's perfectly fine."

"That's good,"

"It really is! Let's go out to eat."

"Ok"

Eliza pulled into a restaurant that Alex had looked up in the car and got out. Alex got out to meeting Eliza at the front of her car and put one hand around her waist, the other grabbing her hand.

"I'm proud of you love,"

" for what?"

"For trying, for still agreeing to come to lunch with me."

"I'll do anything for you my dear." Eliza said as Alex held the door for her.

"And you know I'd do the same," He says. They sit at a booth and right next to each other, as Eliza rests her head on his shoulder. "I love you Betsy"

"mmm" her eyes were closed and she looked almost asleep, but the way she smiled and grabbed his hand, he knew what she was humming. I love you