Chapter 8

"Alexander?" Eliza said walking into the bedroom

"Yes my love?"

"I-I called my parents, t-they forgive us,"

"Eliza, we have nothing to be sorry for-"

"I know, I know, but I've been trying to make amends with them... they are really are sorry, at least my dad is."

"Eliza, you are so forgiving,...sometimes to forgiving,"

"I'm sorry," she started

"Eliza," Alex laughed picking up the blanket, she climbed into bed near Alex as he hugged her close under the blanket "look, I love how amazing you are and how forgiving you are, but do you really want to make amends with them"

"I have to Alex, I just have to, I'm really, really, sorry. Im so so so sorry. I want to do this bu-"

"Shh, Eliza, shhh, it'll be ok baby. Just take a break and go to sleep," he pulled her into his chest and kissed her on the head, "we'll figure it out"

"My dad really is sorry, he went upstairs to avoid the argument and he's been trying to get in touch with me but my mom won't let him. He's really been trying and he's been researching our sexualities and rethinking his outlook on our relationship. It sounds like he's really rethinking his outlook on life after this, Alex."

"That's amazing Betsy but maybe give it a little longer, it's only been two weeks"

"I can't, I'm already going to dinner with my mom on Wednesday at 4, it's gonna be an early dinner"

"Ok Eliza, just be careful there, please. everything will be ok,"

"Goodnight Alex," she lay her head on his chest and drifted off to sleep.

"Goodnight my Elizabeth, my true love and my joy, I love you so much my dear." She was already fast asleep, but Alexander never ran out of poetic and beautiful things to say.