chapter 13

"w-what are you both doing?! calm down two of you!" mashiho who had been sitting nearby invisible and forgotten stood between them, pulling away from each other. "you are role models to so many angels what if anyone saw what has happened?! what would they think about their wise and well-mannered mentors?"

mashiho's voice was strong and loud at the beginning but as tears of helplessness huddled in his eyes his tone weakened.

"fine." hyunsuk had too much of it. "I will do it on my own then!"

and filled with resentment, blinded by rage and disappointment he dashed out of the place. mashiho followed him but lost the tracks and couldn't find him for many hours afterwards. when he almost lost hope, one of the youngest angels, the one who just got to heaven a few days ago informed that he found an angel lying on the cloud in a paddle of some blue liquid.

this "blue liquid" was angelic blood.

mashiho felt tormented as they took the unconscious archangel to heal his wounds. he cried and cried, implored the other to wake up, to give any sign that he is still alive. jihoon came as well, to look after the other. he examined the other's wounds and had no doubts what they came from.

"he removed his wings."

mashiho choked on the tears that had been going down his cheeks for some hours now. jihoon averted his gaze, winking rapidly. he was also on the verge of crying but he wanted to stay calm and hide his reaction, to comfort and support his younger friend.

"he will be alive. only the recovery time is estimated for two or even three years. please stop crying, mashi..."

but the other seemed to sob even harder at that.

"he... he..." the youngest archangel tried to talk despite his unsteady breath. "he won't see yoshi for such a long time..."

jihoon didn't have to ask who yoshi was, he understood. yoshi was hyunsuk's human. the one he did it for. the one he loved.

"I am sorry," he whispered, hiding his face in his palms.

his body started trembling uncontrollably as all the emotions he accumulated before, busted out. mashiho's arms wrapped around him, and soothingly caressed his back.

"it's... it's okay... you didn't know he would dare to..." the sad voice trailed off.

mashiho felt conquered by too many exertions and he couldn't say anything else. two of them cried, embracing each other, hoping for their friend to be back in good health as soon as possible.

// ✧ //