chapter 12

jihoon's presence was always slightly intimidating. he was tall, well-built with broad, strong arms and defined muscles. hyunsuk has never bothered about his physique before but as he was about to get into a conflict with the other, everything appeared somehow more noticeable right now.

"I wanted to talk to you about something important jihoonie."

despite his previous survey, he didn't step back. he came here for a reason and wasn't about to chicken out.

"I am all ears hyung."

hyunsuk knew he was the only older archangel that jihoon had, so the other unconsciously was influenced by it. however, hyunsuk's forte over jihoon was his age only. nothing more could give him actual benefits.

"I want to leave off my wings."

the room went silent. besides the two of them, there was also mashiho sitting unbothered in the away corner, brooding over something. he was minding his own business before but now his gaze turned towards the pair. he was worried that something bad may happen any second now.

"why?"

jihoon's voice was serious, stable. he managed to maintain his outward composure however the veins on his hands tensed up.

"I don't want to live in heaven anymore. I want to go down to earth."

he wouldn't even bother informing jihoon about his plans so officially if it wasn't for one thing. humans could see their wings with their bare eyes. so with them on his back, he would become a center of attention, tremendous hassle for yoshi, maybe even a main part of people's experiments and discoveries. he didn't want any of these.

secondly, only archangels were enough educated and skilled to reduce wings. mashiho dreaded the cruel, painful act, hyunsuk couldn't do this to himself since it was even riskier than if another archangel did it to him, so his last scope was jihoon.

"do as you wish. I hope you will be happy in the new way of your life."

"jihoonie plea-"

"no, don't you even mention it hyung. after asah-" his voice cracked. he had to clear his throat and then as if overcoming some boundary, finished. "after the last time I will never do this again."

"you are the only one I can ask for help. don't leave me miserable, please."

"do you even know how painful it is? have you thought it over?"

"yes, hoonie. I am certain, I have wanted it for so long already."

"who are you doing this for?"

this question left hyunsuk with no choice. he had to tell the truth, hence mention the one he loved.

"for... for my human."

jihoon's jaw clenched, he gritted his teeth.

"so it's about a human again..."

"I love him jihoonie."

"does he love you?"

"yes."

"how do you know? can you see through his heart?"

"he told me so."

"really? the words mean nothing."

"jihoonie..."

"is he worth giving up on everything you have? won't he hurt you, leave you with no way back?"

"jihoon listen..."

"you have known people race for the longest time among all of us and yet you seem oblivious about how cruel and horrible they truly are!"

"jihoon! stop!"

jihoon's wings showed up and displayed their outstanding dimensions. due to intensive emotions, hyunsuk's temper also got flamed causing his wings to grow as well. they stood right in front of each other, panting heavily out of anger.

// ✧ //