chapter 5

three years ago

yoshi felt like floating in the air. were they really flying? as he looked down he could see his feet ambling on something very soft and white, which made the way a lot more enjoyable.

"these are clouds." said hyunsuk noticing yoshi's curious gaze. "but they aren't the ones humans can see from earth. they are made for angels to walk on. it is like a ground for creatures who can fly so you know, it is not very necessary." explained the other with contentment.

for the first time, someone was interested in the smallest details of his life. as they went on, passing by other angels or some celestial effigies which yoshi couldn't associate with anything familiar, a mellifluous sound echoed around them. yoshi gasped, his lips slightly opened as soon after his gaze met with a magnificent, marble harp adorned with golden strings. it was played by another angel. this one had light brown hair and an appealing look as he touched the instrument with so much care and tenderness, exhibiting his skills.

"it's our yedamie. although all of us can play the harp, no one is able to make as much of it as yedam does. such an exquisite lilt, isn't it?" hyunsuk lowered his tone not to disturb the angel absorbed in the harp.

they halted for a while to listen, yoshi has never heard such bliss in his ears. after some time, yedam stopped and finally opened his eyes. he had them closed the whole time to focus on playing only, and just now he noticed the small audience consisted of two, standing nearby.

"it was a-amazing!" yoshi gushed while clapping tremendously.

hyunsuk smiled softly at the other's action, letting him continue the motion but eventually put his hand on yoshinori's.

"we don't really give applause here." he whispered. "yedam may feel a little startled if you keep it going."

his words weren't preachy or overly instructive. it was helpful advice, which was about to be beneficial for his dear human in the future travels. yoshi's cheeks redden at the thought of his behaviour. he felt like a tourist who didn't learn anything about the country's customs before coming here. he bowed towards the talented creature, and as he received the shy smile, they went on.

"maybe one day I will introduce you to him." added hyunsuk. "but for now I want you to meet my closest friend whom I trust the most."

yoshi nodded excitedly. they held hands again and hyunsuk guided the other in the right direction.

// ✧ //